As the Strategic Communications Team continues to evolve, the demands on the operations team, leadership team and executive team grow too. The ECF is seeking a Coordinator for the Executive Office, which will support the Senior Fellow of ECF, a strategic communications expert, who leads a network of strategic communications specialists (more information at gsccnetwork.org).
This role will play a key role in supporting the Senior Fellow, including:
● Coordination of the Executive office
● Management of communication and information-sharing between the Senior Fellow and the Executive Management Team (EMT)
● Support to the Senior Fellow on research, content development and outreach to key stakeholders
Specifically, this role will include the following responsibilities:
Coordination of the Executive office:
● Maintain an overview of work, priorities and operational workload of the Senior Fellow; plan and advise on the best use of the Senior Fellow’s time, in collaboration with the Executive Assistant;
● Ensure a smooth, effective and efficient internal collaboration and information flow between the Executive office, the Executive Management Team and other stakeholders, both internal and external;
● Ensure preparation and follow-up of the Senior Fellow’s meetings, including producing briefing materials;
● Support development of strategy/annual plan for the Executive office;
● Engage with internal staff and external partners to track priorities and issues, and incorporate into the Senior Fellow’s strategic plan accordingly;
● Proofread and draft articles, research and summarise documents for the Senior Fellow of ECF.
Communication between the Executive office and the EMT:
● Ensure continuous, close and proactive collaboration with the EMT, together with the Organisation & Effectiveness Associate;
● Facilitate information flows and structure, management and knowledge sharing, and ensure smooth overall coordination and collaboration, such as tracking actions, convening discussions, managing collection of information to inform decision making, etc.
● Support the Senior Fellow on strategic partner engagement and planning along with the Executive Assistant;
● Ensure close collaboration with the Assistant for the leadership team.
Experience and competencies
● A genuine interest in the mission and values of the organisation;
● Significant proven experience in a similar role, working for a busy principal;
● Excellent skills in planning, outstanding prioritisation and time management skills and the flexibility to effectively deal with shifting requests;
● Able to work independently with a proactive and hands-on attitude and creative problem-solving skills;
● Familiarity with climate philanthropy, the climate movement and/or strategic communications is an asset;
● Ability to translate strategy and ideas into tangible objectives, tasks and action points
● Solid relationship management skills at all levels;
● Ability to work under time pressure but also take responsibility for slower-moving work pieces;
● High-quality writing skills;
● Experience of having managed one or more junior members of staff;
● Proficient communication skills with a very good level of English (written and spoken, other languages a plus), and the ability to process information and connect dots (lateral thinking);
● Remains calm under pressure, with excellent attention to detail, diligence and reliability;
● Tactful with colleagues and discrete with high-level information;
● Open and friendly disposition with a good sense of humour;
● Familiarity with meeting coordination and stakeholder management;
● The disposition to work generously with colleagues in an international, multicultural community of peers, and the ability to work across international norms and values;
● The versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment where remote work is the norm;
● Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as an affinity with a range of collaboration tools such as Slack, Trello, Zoom, etc.;
● A passion for excellence.
What we offer
● The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
● A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
● Full-time employment or consultant contract (depending on location).
Flexible, with a preference for a location with good transit links to Brussels/London. Candidates must be located within CET +/-1 hour. Some travel may be required as and when possible. We may be able to provide co-working spaces in some locations.
You must have the right to work in your location.
How to apply
How to apply
Please upload below in English:
- short cover letter expressing your motivation for this role
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.