The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Legal Counsel
Job ID: ABJ202300373
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Support, the Corporate Legal Counsel is in charge of providing substantive advice and ad hoc legal support to the various internal clients in the Nigeria delegation and ensuring an efficient service delivery.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides legal advice and support in areas including HR, finance, ICT, logistics, procurement, administration, taxes, data protection, governance, intellectual property, Premises, regulatory issues, etc.
- Drafts, reviews any kind of legally binding document with third parties and negotiates contracts for the ICRC in all above mentioned areas, and drafts legal opinions.
- Advises in the context of the adoption of various types of documents (policies, memos, position papers, risk assessments, etc.)
- Follows and contributes to decision making processes and internal procedures (notably around compliance, information security, risk management)
- Advises on and provides legal services regarding the ICRC’s activities in Nigeria, in relation to the management of legal risks in the above mentioned areas of expertise
- Liaises with the external counsel
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (M.A minimum, L.L.M would be an asset).
- National Bar Exam a strong asset.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a corporate legal adviser required, with HR/employment related practice or contractual practice.
- Minimum of 5 years of overall professional experience.
- Solid experience in contract law, employment law, business law, the law of international civil service or equivalent experience in applicable administrative law required
- Solid experience either in-house or in a law firm on corporate legal matters with a multinational dimension required
- Experience in the legal sector with IO/NGO entities a strong asset
Desired profile and Skills:
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Solution-oriented, client-focused and geared towards practical solutions
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical, and organizational skills
- Emotional intelligence, active listening, and facilitation skills
- Excellent levels of integrity, morality, honesty, and responsibility
- Computer literacy; proficient in Microsoft Office software skills (outlook, Excel Power Point, Word).
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2023; 16:30hrs
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their CV, and Certificates to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org clearly indicate “ABJ202300373 – Corporate Legal Counsel, ABJ” as the subject of the application.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications for this position that do not include this subject and do not use the online MS form will not be taken into consideration.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, gender, nationality, status, disability etc.
- The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment
- We welcome applications from all qualified candidates; Female & People Living with Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.