Pride of Womanhood Empowerment Initiative (POWEI) is a female-led non – profit organization with the goal of ensuring self-reliance, empowerment, and healthy living for vulnerable women and their children. POWEI is currently providing remote qualitative and comprehensive services for Female Sex Workers (FSWs) and children of positive FSWs in more than 8 LGAs within Akwa Ibom state.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Counselor Tester
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Contract
Job Duration: 10 to 11 Months
- HIV Counselor Testers will be responsible for providing HIV Testing Services to patients and clients seeking services at the community and OSS using provider-initiated testingand counseling (PITC), voluntary counseling and testing (VCT), Safe and Ethical Index Testing, HIV Self Testing, and other novel HTS approaches.
- They will be responsible for working closely with other service providers to ensure that the quality of HTS services is sustained as defined by the HTS National standards.
- The HTS Counselor Testers will also be responsible in providing the holistic Prevention Package interventions such as Pre- Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), Condoms, Lubricants, STI/ TB Screening and referral for further syndromic management, Behavioral Interventions, Post- Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP), Accompanied referral for all identified GBV cases and other linkage services through HIV Testing Services (HTS).
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Create awareness and provide education about the existence of HIV testing services
- Support in the identification of New Key Population Hotspot
- Lead in the mobilization of clients for HTS
- Provide pre/post-test HIV counseling ensuring that clients understand risk factors, prevention methods and other relevant issues
- Screen all Key Population for STI, TB and refer for further management.
- Provide confidential HIV testing to clients, as per national HTS guidelines
- Provide on-going counseling and make relevant referrals for on-going support
- Always ensure quality of HTS services
- Document and maintain accurate HTS records including referrals and report on referral outcomes
- Compile and submit HTS reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to the supervisor
- Timely requests for all the necessary consumables for undertaking HTS activities
- Ensure HTS optimization in the community and 100% linkage to ART Services
- 100% offer rate of safe and ethical index testing Services
- Provide Information Education Communication services to Key Population
- Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor
Qualification and Skills
- A Minimum of College School Degree (WAEC, NECO), BSc in any relevant Health related or Social Sciences field with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in implementing targeted community HIV Testing Services for Key Population.
- Previous or current experience with Key Population programming
- Certificate in HTS accredited by SACA, HALG, or NACA.
- Conducted and Passed Proficiency Tests
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent written, listening and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Excellent use of android application and computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Office
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and other Nigerian languages
- Ability to conceptualize and understand program needs.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document with 3 Professional References (name, company, email and phone number) to: Powei2019@yahoo.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Please note, your full name and the position for which you are applying should be the Subject of the mail.
- Candidates must be available for immediate employment. Please do NOT contact the listed email address with other inquiries.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Technical Officer, Primary Health Care at Family Health International (FHI 360)
- Senior Officer, NSD (Bilingual) at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- Administrative Assistant, TB-LON 3 Project at the Institute of Human Virology (IHVN)
- United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Finance Assistant (Daily Worker) at Action Against Hunger