Title: Country Admin & Logistics Manager
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Deadline for application submission: 5th May, 2022.
The role of the Country Administration and Logistics Manager is to provide support to the field offices and the Country Office in the following areas: General administration, procurements, logistics, office management and contracts/legal issues. Under the guidance of the Director of Operations, the Country Administration and Logistics Manager will ensure timely and highest quality procurements, the smooth & efficient operations of Plan International Nigeria’s facilities, inventory, fleet and travel management by developing, implementing and evaluating maintenance and improvement programs as they relate to the continuous operations of the organization. S/he will plan, manage all operational, support, monitoring and reporting tasks of the country in the above listed areas. S/He will be responsible for the effective utilization of resources including staff with diverse range of capabilities.
Dimensions of the Role
- Manage the Administration and Logistics unit, including oversight of the budget.
- Supervise and manage three direct staffs, project office staff on matrix management and coordinate with Admin and logistics units in the field offices.
- Provide guidance and timely support to all field Offices and the Country Office in Administration and logistics related issues;
- Design appropriate training programs for administrative and logistics staff at the Country Office and in the field Offices.
- Review and revise, if necessary, all legal document and procedures in use by the Country Office and field Offices.
- Perform other administrative and logistics duties in a manner that supports the Country Office Team and improves Plan International Nigeria’s efficiency and effectiveness;
- Provide guidance and support to all Project Offices and the Country office in administration and logistics related issues
- Provide overall management and co-ordination of the work of the administration and logistics teams in the Country office and all project offices across the development and Humanitarian programmes
- Support the Country Management Team on Logistics, Admin and Government relations issues – with responsibility for ensuring effective communication, guidance and transfer of knowledge
- Ensure that proper administration and logistics systems and procedures are followed in the procurement of goods and services across all Plan offices
- Keep all project offices informed of new developments in administration and logistics related issues such as compliance to new or revised policies or procedures from the global office and its adaptation to local admin and logistics procedures.
- Ensure timely and highest quality procurement services, maintenance and security of all Plan International Nigeria’s assets, equipment, materials and supplies.
- Collaborate with all department heads and staff to ensure that purchase of goods and materials are properly planned, timely delivered in the required quality at an effective cost.
- Ensure there is a sound administrative system for procurement, storage, inventory, asset control and maintenance, distribution and receipt of all Plan materials/goods – in accordance with Plan’s Procedures and Donors requirements for Grants.
- Demonstrative effective leadership and coordination of all procurement needs in the country programme (both development and Humanitarian Programme) using the consolidated procurement tracker.
- Coordination and management of Plan International Nigeria’s approved vendor list, hold regular feedback sessions with approved vendors.
- Responsible for approval and release of purchase requisition and purchase order on SAP
- Design appropriate training programs for Administrative staff at the CO and in the Project Offices.
- Support the projects offices and Country unit administrative staff in identifying areas for improvement in their performance.
- Coordinate with the Country Human Resource Manager, project leads to identify appropriate capacity building courses for the unit in line with budgetary allocation and staff personnel development plan
- Induct and train Country Office and project office admin and logistics staff on basic Plan procedures, best practices, etc. as required.
- Review, and revise if necessary, all legal documents and procedures in use by the Country Office and Project Offices.
- Review all contracts and agreements and make recommendations to the Country Director, through the Director of Operations for approval.
- Annually review all Plan International Nigeria contracts and contractors to ensure that they are in line with Plan’s policies and procedures, protect Plan’s interests and follow country’s legislation.
- Design appropriate standard contracts for common practices in the country, including consultancy contracts, constructions, project agreements and other related legal documents.
- Regularly review Plan International Nigeria country agreement and ensure it meets all its obligations as stipulated in the agreement.
- Liaise with Plan’s Lawyer as mandated and provide the Country Office with appropriate and timely advice on legal matters.
- Perform other administrative duties in a manner that supports the Country Office Team and improves Plan International Nigeria’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Organize and actively participate in Country Office meetings and inform other team members of activities, initiatives, etc. in the area of Administration and logistics.
- Assist Country Office and Project Offices staff in examining how operations are organized, identifying possible areas where operational efficiency can be improved, and recommending, assisting in implementing alternative course of action.
- Facilitate the interface of admin and logistics staff with other staff to foster functional and efficient operations
- Supervise administration staff
- Organize and supervise admin services in all offices to ensure appropriate filing and archiving, maintaining the office’s calendar of activities and keeping track of major events.
- Coach and mentor admin and logistics staff, giving constructive feedbacks and seeking effective ways to support staff performance in a timely manner
- Assist the Project Office Managers in evaluating the performance of field based administrative staff;
- Prepare commendation and/or disciplinary action to Admin and logistics staff in accordance with Personal Manual with support from HR
- Perform other duties as directed by the Director of Operations and Country Director
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Qualification and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Business/Public Administration, Logistics/Supply chain management or any related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience providing a whole range of administration and logistics services in an organisation, ideally with at least 3 years in an International NGO.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Excellent writing and speaking in English language
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment;
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations
- Other relevant professional/management certifications in administration and logistics
- Strong Administration and logistics management skills
- Good report writing skills and ability to develop effective work plans, manage time and priorities in order to meet departmental objectives.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant applications including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), SAP and other relevant applications.
- Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities.
- Communicates clearly and effectively in a style that inspires confidence and builds credibility with staff
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Analytical ability to draw pertinent conclusions
- Demonstrated expertise in negotiations, conflict resolutions and persuade staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to achieve and maintain operational efficiency, identify and mitigate risks related to administration and logistics
- Ability to function in high pressure situations while maintaining emotional control.
- Demonstrates a high level of discretion and confidentiality and sound judgement in handling sensitive situations
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Flexible with a ‘can-do’ and problem-solving approach
- Patience and due diligence
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Abuja