Country Finance Volunteer | 6 months | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
In response to the emergency situation in Sudan, ACTED recruits.
You will be in charge of
1.Contribute to ACTED Compliance and Accountability
- Provide support to the Finance Officer on controlling the compliance of the ACTED documentation by checking the accuracy, exhaustiveness and consistency of the information contained in these documents in line with ACTED and donors’ procedures for both capital and field expenses (scope to be determined by the CFM/CD); and provide discrepancies’ consolidated reports to the Country Finance Manager.
- Support the Finance Officer in checking partners’ financial transactions and ensure correct allocations to respective budget lines through a check list; upon request, travel to the field and physically conduct a random sample of partners’ vouchers and ensure the financial transactions meet donor requirements
- Suggest update and improvement of ACTED’s procedures in link with the CFM;
- Support to external audits preparation.
2.Control of Monthly Internal Reporting tools
Accounting (PRATIC) review – between the 10th and the 15th
Check that :
- the financial flows are lettered on a monthly basis in SAGA
- flows cross-countries (including HQ) are well cross-referenced before local salaries payments
- the Monthly InforEuro exchange rate table with the exchange rates entered in SAGA
Finance TITANIC review – between the 10th and the 15th
- Crosscheck SAGA and Allocation Tables: in case of discrepancies, send a list of corrections to be validated by the CFM for the Finance Officer to correct data in SAGA or Allocation Tables;
- Crosscheck the Allocation Tables and the monthly forecasts in the Budget Follow Ups (BFUs): in case of discrepancies, send a list of corrections to be validated by the CFM for the Finance Officer;
- Crosscheck the consistency of data between SAGA, BFUs, CFU and DFU;
- Crosscheck the Red Cell Game with the physical vouchers received at Country Office Level;
- Crosscheck the Cofounding Follow-Up is in line with the BFUs (including a cofounding section);
- Review the monthly ATROCE: general information, template, projects data, amounts reported and instalments received (both at field and HQ level)
- Fill the TITANIC follow-up
Cost Control – between the 10th and the 15th
- Detect possible variances on the Monthly Running Cost Follow-Up and inform CFM accordingly (through a memo);
- Upon request of the CFM, conduct market surveys;
- Prepare a monthly Finance Control Report
HR TITANIC – between the 25th and the 30th
- Cross-check the consistency of the analytical allocation between the Allocation Tables, the Staff Data base and the HR TITANIC.
3.Provide support to the daily tasks:
- Preparation of Budgets
- Draft of Financial Sheets
- Preparation of Financial Reports
- Midyear and Annual Accounting Closure
Expected skills and qualifications
- Msc in Finance, Audit, Business Management, Economics or equivalent
- Finance and accounting skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel (mastering of the main database management formulas)
- Ability to undertake responsibilities and to manage stress efficiently
- Excellent communication skills, including advanced written and oral English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Status : volunteer
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse
- Flights tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
Send your application (resume and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org Ref: CFV/SUD
Please note that ACTED does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Job City Khartoum