The AECF is a leading development finance organization that supports businesses to innovate, create jobs and leverage investments to build resilience and sustainable incomes for rural and marginalized communities in Africa.
AECF’s goal is to bridge the investment gap between early-stage enterprise and business maturity for entrepreneurs serving the poorest communities. We provide patient capital to new and innovative business models in the agribusiness and renewable energy sectors across Sub-Saharan Africa through various financing instruments. To supplement finance, we also offer advisory services, investment support, and knowledge and insights.
AECF has successfully implemented programmes across 26 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, supporting over 400 enterprises, impacting over 30 million lives.
AECF is headquartered in Kenya, with offices in Côte d’Ivoire, South Sudan and Tanzania.
The Country Programme Lead will be responsible for leading AECF’s efforts to support market systems in South Sudan with a main focus on the overall management of the Investing in Women South Sudan programme which includes; delivery of program results, efficient management of financial resources, monitoring and evaluation, coordination with project implementing partners and reporting to the funding partner.
The role will report to the Sector Lead – Agribusiness.
- Representing AECF in South Sudan, developing close and effective links with government, local administration, donors and other key local stakeholders, including the development of proposals for future funding.
- Take lead in team management for Investing in Women South Sudan and prudent execution of the programme activities in line with the approved proposal and budget.
- Continuing to build collaborative relationships with implementing partners, overseeing the execution of agreed programme tasks and ensuring that wider programme objectives are met.
- Continuing to engage with the private sector and other stakeholders in identifying potential investee companies to complement the existing portfolio.
- Support the portfolio companies (agribusinesses) to develop their business cases incorporating climate smart technologies, innovations and solutions that will support gender transformation for women in the country.
- Plan and use resources (people and/or finance and/or physical assets) in accordance with AECF guidelines and delegated accountability so that objectives are achieved in the most effective manner possible.
- Coordinate capacity needs assessments for design of Technical Assistance and Business Development Service products and monitor the delivery of the same.
- Represent AECF in all in-country activities with key stakeholders.
Suitable candidates should:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration or any other relevant field.
- Possess atleast seven (7) years programme management experience in one or more of the following areas: finance, agriculture, agribusiness, SME finance, rural financial services and adaptation to climate change.
- Have a good understanding and working experience in fragile contexts and proven track record working with Agri SMEs.
- Possess experience in managing gender-responsive programmes/investments is essential. Experience of working with Global Affairs Canada will be particularly important.
- Have experience in value chain development, climate smart agriculture, and agribusiness finance.
- Possess experience working in South Sudan.
- Possess excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to prepare proposals, reports and concept papers to a high level of proficiency.
How to apply
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
AECF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, submit your application to:
email@example.com . To be considered, your application must be received by: 19th July 2023.
Check out our careers page on www.aecfafrica.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.