Project HOPE is an international NGO of more than 900 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges. Throughout our 60-year legacy, Project HOPE has treated millions of patients and provided more than $3 billion worth of medicines to local health care organizations around the world. We have helped build hundreds of health programs from the ground up and responded to humanitarian crises worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Representative / Community Services Advisor, ACE 3
Job type: Full Time
- People to People Health Foundation, Nigeria, Project HOPE is recruiting for a Country Representative / Community Services Advisor (CSA) who will be a part of Project HOPE’s team to coordinate the implementation of the USAID-funded Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE), Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award (ICHSSA 2) and the BMGF/TA Connect Niger State G-ANC projects.
Country Representative / Community Services Advisor (Abuja):
- The CR/Community Services Advisor is the national level lead person for Project HOPE and will be responsible for leading and coordinating all Project HOPE activities in Nigeria.
- Under the ACE 3 project S/He will provide leadership and management oversight support for the implementation of State-level Community HIV Care and Support services to the project’s target population, and technical assistance for community systems strengthening in Kebbi, Zamfara and Sokoto States.
- S / He will provide program oversight to other Project HOPE’s programs in Nigeria including the BMGF/TA Connect funded Niger G-ANC project, where s/he will support project teams to effectively provide technical assistance to the Niger state government to scale up G-ANC towards improving RMNCH outcomes in the State, and the ICHSSA 2 project, where s/he will provide oversight on systems strengthening for the OVC response in Lagos and Edo States.
Program Implementation (75% LOE):
As technical lead on the ACE 3 Community HIV Care and Support activities, S/He will:
- Provide technical assistance and oversight for implementation of community-based HIV Care & Support activities across 3 focus States
- Coordinate with partners, government agencies, international and local NGOs, and community-based organizations on project activities as needed.
- Strengthen referral mechanisms for Community PMTCT and other community care and support activities
- Lead the development of project work plans, ensuring that targets are met, and project outcomes are achieved
- Liaise with the donor and government officials at National and State levels as required
- Provide oversight to project teams on the Niger G-ANC and ICHSSA 2 projects
- Support the development/adaptation of guidelines and implementation tools and participate in national coordination platforms for the development of national strategies & guidelines
- Provide TA to the project management team (PMT) on all aspects of community HIV care and support services and will actively participate in the GoN community structure capacity building efforts.
- In collaboration with the M&E and quality assurance team of the project, engage in improving data quality, operational research and quality improvement interventions related to HIV care and support activities
- Provide oversight and TA to State teams to ensure effective implementation of Community HIV Care and Support activities
- Support capacity building for CBOs and other identified community resource persons on prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT), antiretroviral therapy (ART), orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) programming
- Work closely with the national expert panel established to oversee the community HIV care, treatment, and care support programs
- Review monthly and quarterly reports for all project activities
- Perform any other duty assigned by Supervisor
Administration, Representation, Management and New Program Development (25% LOE):
- Ensure that Project HOPE policies and procedures are adhered to by country staff
- Represent Project HOPE US and Project HOPE Nigeria in partner, government, donor, and other stakeholder meetings and other engagements
- Lead consortium relationship building with Implementing Partners
- Coordinate Business Development activities including donor and partner engagements
- Research opportunities, write and review technical content, help prepare supporting sections, and assist in the development of evidence-based programs designed for impact.
- Proactively seek opportunities for new programs aligned with Project HOPE’ s mission and technical capabilities’.
- Contributes to grant applications and general concept paper writing
- Provides oversight and operations coordination for all ongoing grants for Project HOPE Nigeria
- Responsible for program reporting on behalf of Project HOPE Nigeria including donor and Project HOPE reports
- Budget management
- In addition to the responsibilities referenced above, candidates can expect to be living and working in austere conditions. Lifting moderately heavy objects from the ground, carrying a backpack for extended periods of time, and walking or hiking in remote locations may be necessary to perform these functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health or relevant Social Sciences and Master’s Degree in Public Health
- 8-10 years field-based experience including managing large and complex multi-partner development programs and donor-funded projects at a senior level with at least 5 years in a senior management position
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with PEPFAR-funded projects (ideally, in a senior technical position) highly preferred.
- Experience in PEPFAR funded Community HIV Care and Support programming is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement strategies that employ evidence-based approaches to meet project targets, especially under rigorous timelines.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders, including local partners, government officials, donor representatives, and communities.
NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Japan Researcher at Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project
Humanitarian Affairs Officer at UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Head of program implementation at Plan International
Senior Specialist, Research at Global Communities
Trustee at Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction
Expert in Migration Policy at American Bar Association
Terminology Officer at Translators without Borders
Technical Support Officer at Health Cluster
Finance Manager at EngenderHealth
Humanitarian Affairs Officer/Humanitarian Financing Unit at UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
DME Capability Advisor at World Vision
Consultancy to Support the Development of MEL Data System at Global Communities
Data Quality Officer at UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Regional Digital Lead at Plan International
Biomedical Officer (Temporary Position) At Médecins Sans Frontières
IRAQ-RFQ-161-2021– Labor market assessment for Anbar-Iraq At Norwegian Refugee Council
Health Coordinator at Première Urgence Internationale
Associate General Counsel at HIAS
Enrollment Data Assistant at Save the children
ERT Safety & Security Coordinator at International Rescue Committee
Individual Consultant to provide services for adaptation of the Standardized package of supportive community-based services to improve TB outcomes At Stichting TB Europe Coalition
Research Fellow on Children and Armed Conflict At Watchlist on Children and Armed Conflict
Administrative Assistant At DAI Global
Human Resources/Operations Coordinator – Asia-Pacific (Location Options) At Access Now
Required Experience and Skills:
Strategic and operational Management:
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic and operational planning
- Extensive conceptual skills including strategic analysis
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
People / Relationship Management:
- Have high levels of personal integrity.
- Demonstrated self-awareness, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Strong human resource management skills including capacity building, coaching and conflict management.
- Experience supervising and developing a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to give feedback, develop, motivate, and lead a diverse team to achieve results.
- Demonstrated use of positive coping strategies in stressful environments.
Program Performance & Quality Director at Mercy corps
Director of Development at Friends of Amani US
Assets Management Senior expert at Policy and Management Consulting Group
Brazil Programmatic Communications Coordinator at WITNESS
Senior Research, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialists at University of Rhode Island
Program Associate at Internews Network
Oceania Researcher at Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project
Regional Director of Social Services West at Kids in Need of Defense
Director of External Affairs at Path
Consultant MERL & Outcome Harvesting at Equal Access
Team Leader at International Development Law Organization
Communications & Fundraising Volunteer at Lighthouse Relief
Water and Sanitation Expert/Coordinator at MSF – Holland
Grants Administration and Reporting Manager at International Medical Corps
Research Assistant at Samuel Hall
OXFAM CONSULTANCY FOR MID-TERM EVALUATION OF PROSELL PROJECT IN TARABA
Regional Inclusive Governance Specialist at Handicap International – Humanity & Inclusion
Deputy Medical Director at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Knowledge and experience with financial management as demonstrated by ability to:
- Manage a complex budget
- Effectively follow-up on internal and external audit recommendations
- Ensure donor compliance and reporting.
- Ability to establish a learning culture within the country office and to facilitate knowledge sharing across Project HOPE.
- English language proficiency (and Hausa desirable)
Other Essential Requirements:
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Project HOPE and among beneficiaries served by Project HOPE
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Project HOPE.
- As applicable to the position, maintain a clear understanding of Project HOPE’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards.
- Conduct work with the highest level of integrity
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Proven capabilities in leadership
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret, technical and non-technical in the English language
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts, senior government and rebel leaders and other related regional players.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Project HOPE employees work in the global health field and may be required to travel or work in countries where working conditions are classified as “hardship”.
- Travel for extended periods by air and other modes of transportation.
- Must be mobile in an office environment and able to use standard office equipment and must be able to communicate in verbal and written form.
- Typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise level.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Due to the substantial number of inquiries, we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be considered. No phone calls please.
- However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.
State Coordinator Consultant At Jhpiego
Logistics Coordinator – Nigeria – Maiduguri At Première Urgence Internationale
Project Officer At International Organization for Migration
Senior Mobility HR Business Partner at Oxfam GB
GIS, M&E, and Mobile Data Collection Specialist at World Bank
SENIOR PROGRAMME OFFICER AT CLIMATE ACTION NETWORK
SENIOR FUNDRAISING AND PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER AT CLIMATE ACTION NETWORK
Manager, Consumer Protection Embedded Lab at Innovations for Poverty Action
Technical Officer at World Health Organization
Field Administrator at CTG Global
Public Health Researcher at Connecting Research to Development
Communications & Advocacy Advisor at Médecins Sans Frontières en Suisse
Fundraising Appeals Officer, Individual Contractor at UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Project Referent Medical at Médecins Sans Frontières
Open Data for Resilience and Risk Management Initiative: Open Cities Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) (St Lucia) – Local Implementation Partners
Communications Consultant at International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies
Senior Security Manager at Jhpiego
Technical Officer, Pediatrics and Adolescent HIV at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation