County Cluster Land Specialist-SC8
Tasks And Responsibilities
The specialist will perform the following functions:
- In close coordination with the Programme Manager, act as a cluster manager in for the full implementation of scheduled activities on land.
- Plan and report (in the web-based database) all county activities monthly in collaboration with county programme and administrative officers and in consultation with sector heads.
- Provide the first level of line management to support their engagement with the relevant county ministries (a second level of line management will be provided by the sector heads).
- Under guidance of the programme manager, provide technical support for the establishment and trainings in the County.
- Guide and provide technical advice on the identification of existing policies, institutional and legal gaps/conflicts for sustainable governance of community lands and natural resources in alignment of the FAO county programme with a) the CPF and b) the CIDP.
- With support from the programme manager provide methodological recommendations for inclusive and negotiated Land Use Planning with the County Government.
- The specialist will be expected to: Represent FAO at the County Level, to Manage FAO County office and to spearhead programme activities at the county level
- Promote and technically support county government and community groups trained on Voluntary Guidelines and other related FAO tools, e.g., Participatory Land Delimitation (PLD) methodology, Improving Gender Equality in Territorial Issues (IGETI), etc. for monitoring efficiency and transparency in community land administration and management and training on provisions of the new legal frameworks for land governance.
- If there is no Head of County Officer already appointed, represent FAO in the county by: holding regular meetings with senior county government officials and being the prime point of contact between the County Governor and FAO Kenya.
- Monitor the progress and execution of activities as per the work plan, and perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in Natural Resource Management, Land Management, land administration, Surveying, Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, legal studies or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in natural resource management programmes at national level.
- Working knowledge of level C English and Swahili
- Must be of Kenyan Nationality
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent strategic visioning, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Competence in Result Based Management and Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation tools.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and GIS).
- High level of integrity and accountability, flexible approaches to work and commitment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions.
- Besides being based in the county, the officer must be willing to travel or be relocated to a different county as deemed necessary
- Must be willing to read and learn FAO methodologies and other relevant studies to perform this work.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Food and Agriculture Organization on jobs.fao.org to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Senior Human Resource Assistant – Kenya National Hire at Church World Service
- Caseworker – Kenya National Hire at Church World Service
- Programme Officer-FSL at Save the Children
- Program Officer -Nutrition(Emergency Roster Beledweyne) at Save the Children
- Programme Officer-CP &CRG 2 (Emergency Roster Baidoa) at Save the Children