Finn Church Aid is a right-based organisation with 70 years of experience and operations in 12 countries. FCA is Finland’s largest NGO working in development cooperation and second largest provider of disaster relief. We work in development, humanitarian assistance and advocacy, guided by international human rights standards and principles. We contribute to positive change by supporting people in the most vulnerable situations within fragile and disaster-affected areas. We consider three thematic areas as central to sustainable change: the right to peace (R2P), livelihood (R2L) and quality education (R2QE).
In Kenya, FCA has been working since 2014 in all three thematic areas, supporting local communities and governments to resolve and prevent conflicts in five counties of northern Kenya; providing access to primary education in Turkana, Garissa and Marsabit, Kenya’s poorest counties; and improving access to quality education for children, youth and their families with holistic support mechanisms. FCA also provides emergency cash assistance to drought-affected families in Garissa.
Reporting to: Education Specialist
Duty Station: Samburu,Garissa, Marsabit and West pokot (4 Positions)
Primary purpose of the position:
In coordination with FCA OOSC Education coordinators,the County Education Project Officer among other duties will be responsible for ensuring smooth implementation of FCA EIE education activities in their respective counties that ensures full integration and community participation.
- Build a working relationship at the county level with the committee that will provide technical oversight of the project from the Ministry of Education and UNICEF working closely with FCA County Education Coordinators,Education Specialist and other FCA staff.
- Represent Finn Church Aid (FCA) at county EIE level forums.
- Ensure close collaboration with partners designated to implement other EIE components of the project.
- Undertake extensive community mobilization for the enrollment of the targeted learners and their retension in the target EIE Project schools.
- Supervise and support integrated project activities e.g. WASH ,Protection, MPHSS, PSS etc.,
- Provide child protection to Out Of School Children who have been enrolled to school in his/her specific project. These services include psychosocial support, rescue and alternative family care for enrolled children in need of care & protection liaising with the county directorate of children services.
- Work closely with the County Directors of Education (CDE) & Protection and Sub County Education/Children Officers as s/he implement the project activities. This will require building and sustaining effective close working partnerships with sub county government counterparts through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme.
- Build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results of the EIE education project in the county.
- Provide overall leadership, and oversee the implementation of the project in the county.
- Develop and maintain detailed implementation plan, procurement plans and monitor the same for the project.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly work plans and ensure that program activities are implemented as planned and within the approved budget.
- Monitor monthly expenditure and track project budgets to ensure that spending on the project is in line with the approved budgets.
- Prepare and submit quality reports i.e weekly updates, activity reports, monthly and quartely reports.
- Submit monthly SITREP to the education specialist,Programme manager and country director.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Degree/Diploma in education is the preferred qualification. A social science degree in a related discipline would also be considered.
- Proven training in curriculum development and implementation, and educational administration.
- Proven academic or on-job training and understanding of the Project Cycle model in managing humanitarian assistance.
- 3 years of progressive experience in primary education programs for refugees or rural communities.
- Experience gained within an international humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical, administration and documentation skills in the management of educational institutions or programs consisting of primary education.
- Experience in proposal and report writing and excellent computer skills.
- Experience in Training of Trainers/Facilitators skills (TOT & TOF) an advantage.
How to apply
All qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application and resume through the link https://fca.rekrytointi.com/paikat/?o=A_A&jid=624 stating the vacancy job title in the subject line.
Deadline for receiving applications is 23rd May 2023
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.
FCA is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. FCA is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Attempts to influence recruitment procedures through phone calls, emails or inducements of any kind will lead to disqualification.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- RE-ADVERTISEMENT: MONITORING & EVALUATION MANAGER at RefuSHE
- Country Engagement Lead (CEL) at Partners for Health and Development in Africa
- Data Analysis-Consultant at International Potato Center
- TECHNICAL ASSISTANT ON WATER SUPPLY AND MAPPING Sodo at Inter Aide
- Grants and Compliance Advisor at ActionAid