Save the Children International Kenya Country, office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as County Technical Coordinator-AgriNutrition .The role holder under the direction of the Capacity Strengthening Advisor and Nutrition-Sensitive Advisor will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of multisectoral nutrition (MSN) activities of USAID Advancing Nutrition at the County level. This position will play a critical role in providing leadership and technical support to the County Departments of Health, Agriculture, Education and social protection in the implementation of the joint action plan. The position holder will support in the capacity strengthening elements of the program and will be involved in the development of program advocacy documents and in the convening of Multisector nutrition (MSN) forums. The role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Vacancies: Two (2) Position
Location: Kakamega and Kitui
Nationality: Kenyan only
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Nutrition, or other relevant discipline.
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in successful implementation of agriculture or nutrition programs.
- Experience working with decentralized sectors such as Agriculture, Health, etc.
- Effective working relationships with stakeholders from government agencies, international organizations, donors, academics and opinion-leaders.
- Experience with the following approaches: systems strengthening, training and capacity building,
- Experience working with civil society organizations and the private sector.
- Experience working with USAID projects, preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, training, communications and report writing skills.
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Kakamega and/or Kitui and able to communicate in local dialects
- Commitment to SCI values
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2FiZGltdWhzaW4uMjU3NzkuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t