JOB TITLE: COVAX LGA supervisor
LOCATION: Ngala/Damasak (Borno State)
REPORTING TO: COVAX Activity Manager
Under the direct supervision of the COVAX activity manager, the LGA supervisor shall supervise all vaccination activities in the assigned LGA . This includes planning and organizing vaccination activities and ensuring the quality of the services delivery.
- Plan and organize vaccination activities in collaboration with the LGA Team supervisor to ensure quality vaccination exercises are carried out.
- Ensure all administrative procedures and documents (individual vaccination card, vaccination register, staff attendance register, AEFI register).
- Participate in handing over and taking over vaccination activities and plans. Be present at the vaccination site from Monday to Friday. Ensure proactivity in terms of attending to individuals.
- Follow-up on real-time data reporting and ensure data validity
- Check and report all AEFI cases are reported to the DSNO, documented and recommended Laboratory investigations are done timely.
- Timely submission of narrative for Covax report on the last day of every week.
- Ensure timely submission of timesheets.
- With the coordination with Activities manager, LGA supervisor will assess and analysis the needs to re-allocate the vaccination teams with the LGA.
- Always ensure adequate AEFI kits.
- Actively ensure the implementation of the program, and work in collaboration with LIOs and CCOs.
- Ensure good communication and promote good collaboration between the vaccination team and the MoH departments
- Ensure BioMed and quality documentation for all medical instruments and equipment in the vaccination sites.
- Ensure quality documentation of activities
- Training: assess needs and provide training for the vaccination team and community surveillance officers on acute flaccid paralysis and AEFI identification, prevention, and early referral.
- Provide regular Health Education for patients and their caretakers.
- Keep track of all referrals to other facilities and report to the manager.
- Report to the Covax Activity Manager all relevant information linked to Covax activities/
- Report any events, or incidents that have a direct/ indirect impact on the project activities.
- Minimum 3-years of relevant work experience in psychology, social work, counselling, etc…;
- Minimum 1-year of relevant experience with an INGO, NGOs and/or local authorities in Nigeria;
- University degree in a related field (e.g. Psychology, Social Work, etc…);
- Essential computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, internet, etc…);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills;
- Leadership, people management and coaching skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases;
- Capacity to work under pressure and willingness to work and live in a complex context;
- Fluency in English, Kanuri and Hausa
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 10th October 2022 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert, if an applicant is accepted.
For more information about INTERSOS, go to https://www.intersos.org/en/what-we-do/nigeria/
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Education Cluster Coordinator – Re-advert at Save the Children
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at the Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA)
- Coordinatore di programma ricadente nel settore tematico “Sviluppo Economico e Creazione di Impiego” at Italian Agency for Development Cooperation
- Community & Private Sector Engagement Director at FHI 360
- Senior Manager, Advocacy and Communications at World Vision