About Solar Panda
Solar Panda is a high-growth, clean-tech company providing home solar systems and appliances to customers in Kenya without access to electricity. Our pay-as-you-go model allows families to afford reliable electricity and life-changing appliances that can drastically improve their lives. Over 1 billion people in the world lack access to electricity, and we believe that access to electricity should be a right for everyone, everywhere.
Solar Panda is the fastest growing company ever in this industry and in less than 5 years is bringing light to over 1,000,000 Kenyans and adding hundreds of new customers each day. We have 37 shops throughout Kenya, 300 full-time employees and over 1000 commission-based field agents. And we are just getting started with plans to add new products and expand to additional countries. Solar Panda is led by a small team of Canadian tech entrepreneurs with a track record of success. Find us at www.solarpanda.com.
About The Role
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our management team in Nairobi, Kenya to oversee the strategy, execution and analysis of Solar Panda’s customer financing business. Since Solar Panda finances almost all sales to customers, it is critical that we achieve high repayment rates from these customers. The Credit Manager will be responsible for managing multiple strategies to ensure the creditworthiness of new customers, drive programs to encourage strong repayment from existing customers and analyze overall company performance. The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, reporting directly to the CFO.
To be successful at this job, a candidate must:
- Help Solar Panda determine the creditworthiness of all new customers: analyze our existing creditworthiness process, identify improvements and make recommendations for new programs.
- Work with our sales team to ensure practices are adhered to and sales are being made to creditworthy customers.
- Work with Collections Team, Field Sales Team and Fraud Team to implement and improve customer repayment programs.
- Analyze Solar Panda’s repayment data to derive insights and identify opportunities.
- Provide frequent and insightful reports to the Senior Management Team and external stakeholders.
The right candidate must have the following traits:
- Ability to analyze and interpret data for reasonableness and insights: must “own” the repayment data and understand what it means (not just read numbers) and what actions should be taken to make improvements.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities as well as demonstrated ability to adapt well to changing priorities.
- Be self-motivated: operate well in an independent culture where the candidate will have significant autonomy and high expectations.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills sufficient to manage conversations with executives within and outside of Solar Panda on a regular basis.
- Believe in the company’s mission of improving the lives of millions of off-grid customers in Africa.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in credit management (experience in consumer financing in Africa is preferred).
- University degree in Accounting, Mathematics or another business-related field.
- Solid knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Impressive track record of meeting or exceeding revenue goals.
How to apply
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your cover letter and CV to RecruitmentKE@solarpanda.com, before 30th November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Kindly reference the job title in your application.
Solar Panda is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, or disability.
Solar Panda does not charge any fees on recruitment.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Education Lead, USAID/Niger Non-Formal Education Activity at Save the Children – US
- Monitoring and Evaluation Lead, USAID/Niger Non-Formal Education Activity at Save the Children – US
- Knowledge Management and Communications Manager (Maternity Cover) at Jhpiego Nigeria
- Senior Technical Officer, Laboratory Services at Family Health International (FHI 360)
- Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Human Capital Development Intercontinental Platform (HCD+)