DT Global is driven by a fundamental commitment to one goal: to work in partnership with communities, governments, and the private sector to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that transform lives beyond expectations. DT Global—launched in 2019—is built on legacy companies AECOM International Development’s Services Sector, Development Transformations, IMC Worldwide, and Cardno International Development. To fulfill its profit-for-purpose mission, DT Global is a key donor to the DT Institute, an independent not-for-profit organization, in support of DTI’s efforts to test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities with the aim to improve as many lives as possible.
Our global team of almost 2,500 staff and experts work in over 100 countries. We aim to maximize sustainable development impact across a wide range of practice areas, including Conflict Prevention, Stabilization & Transition; Economic Growth; Environment & Infrastructure; Governance; and Human Development. We meet communities where they are on the development spectrum and help them move to where they want to be. Together, we bring over 60 years of experience, relationships, and technical excellence to improve lives around the world on behalf of our partners, clients, and stakeholders.
Position Summary: DT Global is seeking a Data Analyst to join the Digital and Data Governance and Transformation team (DDGT) within the Learning & Innovation (L&I) Practice. The L&I Practice provides advice and direct assistance to international development projects on monitoring and evaluation; research; digital and data governance; data analysis and GIS technology; and quality assurance for project delivery. The Data Analyst will provide data science/GIS, program management, and administrative support to a broad range of DDGT activities, often assigned to two or three activities concurrently. The Data Analyst will work out of our Nairobi office, and will work closely with the global L&I team.
We are looking for candidates who are interested in learning more about this field, promoting ethical practices within digital development, and sharing their knowledge with others. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable, adaptable, proactive, self-motivated, and willing to take on new tasks in support of other colleagues. We are a close, friendly, and flexible team that prioritizes teamwork, transparency, high-quality deliverables, strong client and partner relationships, and commitment to our mission. Some travel (up to 25% time) may be required; the Data Analyst will report to the Senior Program Manager.
- Review and manage quantitative data, generate GIS maps, perform data cleaning, and conduct statistical analysis
- Conduct research and document reviews, perform data analysis, conduct key informant interviews, and compose reports
- Provide project management support, including monitoring the budget and assisting with financial reports, managing subcontractors, reviewing deliverables, and developing project work plans
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, track and monitor the status of projects, and copyedit reports or deliverables
- Contribute to technology and system analyses, such as assisting with contextual assessments and SWOT analysis
- Lead and facilitate presentations to share research findings, recommendations, and lessons learned to both internal and external audiences
- Assist with writing DDGT communication pieces, including web copy, corporate capability statements, and press releases, as needed
- Advance the growth of the DDGT practice by working internally and externally to increase awareness of DDGT expertise and knowledge
- Contribute to internal DDGT activities to support DT Global staff members and offices
- Take on specialized tasks based on professional interests and past experience
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, global health, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of professional experience, including 2-3 years of relevant data analysis experience including a strong background in data science and experience using GIS and an additional 3+ years of overall program management or operations experience
- Knowledge of data management/data governance processes and policies, including data cleaning, open data, data analytics, and data security
- Experience performing quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including using GIS, creating data visualizations, creating charts/graphs, and sentiment analysis
- Experience developing and executing work plans to deliver high quality products, compelling visualizations, and solid written materials for internal and external clients
- Proficiency in data science and GIS software tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, and ArcGIS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbally, in English
- Ability to take initiative and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines, while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Ability to travel and work internationally up to 25%, sometimes on short notice
- Master’s degree in international development, global health, or a related field
- Formal training or certification in data management or GIS
- Understanding of and commitment to decreasing technology inequalities and misuse due to gender, socioeconomic status, rural/urban divides, disability, race, literacy, etc.
- Previous project management experience, such as workplan development, financial tracking and reporting, deliverables management, and team communications
- Experience working with international development donors (USAID, World Bank, UN, etc.) and international NGOs
- Experience working remotely and interacting with clients and teams in different time zones and cultures
- Previous international work experience in Africa, the Middle East, and/or Asia
- Proficiency in another language, such as Swahili, Spanish, French, or Arabic
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Senior Finance & Administrative Officer at Family Health International (FHI 360)
- Strategic Information Advisor at John Snow Incorporated (JSI)
- Project Support Officer at International Organization for Migration
- Project Officer (PSEA) at International Organization for Migration
- Yobe Peace and Community Development Initiative (YOPCODI) Job Recruitment (4 Position)