Position: Data Collector
Position Reports to: M&E Officer
Duration: 15 working days (September – October 2021)
G-ANC is a 2-year project sub awarded to Jhpiego by development activities international limited (DAI/TA CONNECT) The G-ANC project will provide technical assistance (TA) to Nasarawa State Ministry of Health (SMOH) and State Public Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA) scaleup and institutionalize Group ANC within maternal and new born health (MNH) services in public health facilities to improve the quality and experience of ANC for pregnant women through the state. The overall project goal is to improve reproductive, maternal, neonatal and child health (RMNCH) outcomes for pregnant women and their babies in Nasarawa State thus helping the State achieve its MNH annual and long-term targets.
Achieving the objectives of the G-ANC project requires a strong and efficient strategic information system that is able to use data to inform programmatic decisions. The right decisions depend on the correct data. This requires the availability and use of correct data at all levels.
G-ANC project implementation and scale up G-ANC services in Nasarawa state, will require a proper audit of the data to ensure that G-ANC implements with the correct baseline data. As a result, G-ANC project will conduct full baseline data collection/validation in 104 health facilities in 13 LGAs selected by the state for implementation of G-ANC services.
G-ANC will engage 15 data collectors to collect/validate RMNCH data from the facility in 15 days. The overall purpose of this activity is to collect/validate facility MNCH data for July 2020 to June 2021 to serve as a baseline for the facility.
- · Validate facility MNCH data using ODK tool
- · Conduct facility assessment using developed checklist
- · Conduct a baseline for commodity availability at the facility
- · Address any other M&E issues as they present on the field
- · Submit completed facility assessment checklist and commodity availability forms to G-ANC M&E Officer
- · Report of activity and data quality issues identified submitted to G-ANC M&E Officer
- · Post SSCE Certificate (BSc, HND Preferable)
- · Experience conducting data quality/validation/collection exercises
- · Must be able to speak local languages and English.
- · Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and within a team
- · Must reside in Nasarawa State
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Data Collector Nasarawa” as the subject of the email.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 18th September, 2021
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
· There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org