POSITION: DATA MANAGER
REPORTS TO: STRATEGIC INFORMATION ADVISOR
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. CIHEB-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The Data Manager will be responsible for handling data collected from the supported health facilities and programs. He/she will be responsible for data cleaning and entry, data analysis and development of databases to accommodate the program needs. He/she will part of the Strategic Information team and report to the Strategic Information Lead.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of data from facilities including data cleaning, standardization and data entry into project database for reporting
- Development and updating of data collection tools
- Ensure that data systems are operational and updated
- Data reconstruction and computerization from source documents
- Development of databases for program supported activities as needed
- Data analysis
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports for dissemination to program teams
Qualifications and professional skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems,
- Public Health Informatics, Statistics or Mathematics.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with HIV data systems
- Good Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical and presentation skills,
- Advanced Computer skills including advanced MS excel and MS Access
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- More than 3 years of experience in handing health related health information systems.
- Skills in Database development
How to apply
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 27th September 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “**DATA MANAGER**” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.