We are currently looking for a Data Officer in Sudan.
Position: Data Officer
Contract duration: 12 months
Starting Date: 1 June 2023
Location: Sudan (initially remotely)
Our team in Sudan is currently seeking a Data Officer (DO) to lead the production of analysis products, including the preparation of research design, support in designing sampling methods, data analysis plans, data collection tools, data cleaning scripts and processes, analysis scripts, analysis outputs and (as relevant) production of web maps and information management systems. Under the line management of the Research Manager, the Data Officer, in close liaison with the assessment teams, engages with partners to promote their participation in data processing, analysis or relevant topics, to maximize the uptake and use of IMPACT/REACH research. When relevant, or managing a project, he/she also ensures an efficient and transparent use of resources required for project implementation. This can include the direct supervision of data and assessment teams during data collection, analysis or output production.
The Data Officer’s responsibilities include:
- Research planning and design through leading on sampling design and in coordination with relevant
assessment and GIS staff construct quantitative sample, training on data cleaning and management
techniques, and overseeing data analysis set-up (specifically conducted in the R environment);
- Data management, cleaning and analysis including monitoring of the accuracy of data collected, cross-
checking data collected in the field, maintaining R-based systems of data management and analysis,
serving as the focal point for statistical analysis and quantitative reporting, developing cleaning and
analysis (descriptive, hypothesis testing, correlation, and regression analyses) scripts in R, and
contributing to the automatization of data analysis processes;
- Developing information products and dashboards with the collected data; with R, InDesign, PowerBI, and similar sortware;
- Providing information management support to other team members within REACH Sudan, or
- Other tasks falling within his/her functions as requested by supervisors.
- Academic Excellent academic qualifications, preferably including a Master’s degree in a relevant
discipline (Computer or Data Science, Statistics, Social Science, Economics, or related);
- Research skills Proficiency and proven experience with research methods, including both quantitative
and qualitative research. Excellent analytical skills;
- Software skills Advanced knowledge of R, STATA, Python or equivalent statistical software (with a
willingness to learn R). Knowledge of ArcGIS or Power Bi an advantage;
- Statistical skills Strong statistical and analytical skills including correlation and regression analysis
- Years of work experience At least 2 years of relevant working experience. Experience in humanitarian settings highly desirable. Field experience required and ability to operate in complex security environments.
- Level of independence Proven ability to work independently;
- Communication/reporting skills Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting;
- Organizational and coordination skills Strong presentation, and organisational skills;
- Multi-tasking skills Ability to multitask with tight deadlines;
- Cross-cultural work environment Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Past experience working in a conflict affected context is desirable;
- Language skills Fluency in English required, fluency in Arabic an asset.
How to apply
Please submit the application directly on IMPACT’s website: Data Officer | Impact (impact-initiatives.org)
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Senior Assessment Officer at IMPACT Initiatives
- Project Manager, Field Support Services Project (FSSP) Kenya at World University Service of Canada
- GIS Project Management Consultant, Nigeria at GRID3
- Senior Research Manager at IMPACT Initiatives
- Electrician, Service Contract-Level 4, Bahir Dar, Ethiopia – Re-Advertised at World Food Programme