Data Officer – Uganda
ABOUT SOLIDARIDAD EAST AND CENTRAL AFRICA
Solidaridad is an international solution-oriented civil society organization with over 50 years of experience in developing solutions to make communities more resilient and create more sustainable supply chains. We work throughout the entire value chain to make sustainability the norm. Our innovative solutions support the transition to an inclusive economy that provides sustainable livelihoods with fair and profitable business opportunities. This includes decent working conditions, a fair living wage, and production in balance with nature so that all people can thrive now and for generations to come. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, Solidaridad East, and Central Africa has country offices and programmes in Ethiopia, Tanzania, and Uganda, and outreaches in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Burundi, Rwanda, and Cameroon.
Title: Data Officer – Uganda
Duration: 1-year contract (extension based on performance)
Reporting line: Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – Uganda
Position level: Junior level
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Solidaridad is implementing a five-year multinational project dubbed ‘From Climate Victims to Climate Heroes’ that seeks to improve the landscapes and livelihoods of 50,000 smallholder coffee farmers in the Eastern, Northern, Western, Central, and West Nile regions of Uganda through carbon farming and financing. Solidaridad is therefore seeking to recruit a dynamic and innovative professional for the position of Communication Officer.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Solidaridad seeks to recruit a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of Data Officer based in Mbale, Uganda. The primary role of the Data officer is to support in Monitoring and Evaluation i.e. data analysis, database management, and report development.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Data Officer reports to Snr M&E Officer. Works closely with the Project Manager and Project officers.
- Tool development for data capture
- Server management
- Data cleaning and management
- Routine Reporting for the project
- Support M&E in reporting and evaluation
- Data entry, analysis, and reporting.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
● Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Management Science, Development studies, and other related fields
● Postgraduate qualification in M&E is an added advantage
Specific Job Requirements:
· Experience in gender and inclusivity for at least 5 years with project-related activities in Uganda.
· Excellent computer skills (SPSS, Excel, word)
· Skills and experience in statistical packages and their application in agricultural settings.
· Database management skills
· Punctual and willing to have country round travels very often
· Timely outputs
How to apply
Interested candidates that meet the above qualifications should send their one-page cover letter (including salary expectations and availability) and CVs to:
Subject: “Data Officer – Uganda”*
The CVs will be evaluated as they are received. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Uganda