Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Systems Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Contract: 2 year Fixed Term Contract for overseas
Specific Hours: 35 Hours per week
Department: Data Analytics and Reporting Team (DART)
Directorate: Operations, finance, and performance
Reports to: Data Quality and Capture Manager
Direct reports: N/A
- The Data Systems Officer will work within DART to support data capture and management of the Programme Portal and Sightsavers organisational output data collection system.
- The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of their system, including user support and overseeing the submission of data for Sightsavers’ projects across more than 30 countries.
- The Data Systems Officer will also support key team members with the further development and integration of this essential organisational system into programme monitoring and reporting work.
As Sightsavers continues to develop and strengthen its organisational data capture systems and processes, the post holder will advise and support these developments. It is anticipated the position will involve some international travel of up to 4 weeks per year.
Manage the content of Sightsavers’ programme information systems, ensuring it is complete and up to date:
- Create and support maintenance of project & programme sites ensuring all information remains up-to-date and accurate.
- Supporting mapping of project indicators to organisational standard indicators and adding all indicators to project sites.
- Support staff in uploading documentation to project and programme site.
Develop and maintain programme systems induction and support processes:
- Maintain user guidance and induction materials.
- Provide both initial and ongoing training and support to system users
- Manage the team’s service desk for system support requests.
- Support DART members to ensure service desk is aligned to current operational support needs
- Administrate the quarterly submission and consolidation of programme data:
- Track data submissions and compliance with reporting deadlines
- Liaise with Country Offices and other colleagues to address queries and errors
- Enter and approve data within the system as required
Support the ongoing development and integration of organisational data capture and monitoring systems:
- Advise on developments to organisational data capture systems and processes.
- Liaise with Monitoring, Evaluations and Learning (MEL) team to streamline and strengthen data submission processes and improve compliance.
- Support data change processes and liaise with Data Analysts in DART to ensure a smooth quarterly and annual reporting process.
- Support DART user acceptance testing (UAT), including the production of testing plans, scripts and leading testing of programme systems.
- Work closely with business integration process (BIP) and suppliers to ensure smooth and successful test phases.
Programme Data Quality:
- Support the development and implementation of processes that support good practice
- and high quality in data management for our programmes
- Work closely with project implementation, design, and monitoring teams to ensure that standardised data management tools are integrated in projects
- Support on developing country office data management and capture capacity through training and guidelines
- The principal accountabilities are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- DART (Data Analysis and Reporting Team) staff.
- Country and regional programme staff.
- Business Integration Processes (BIP) team.
- Monitoring, Evaluations, and Learning team.
- NTDs, Programme Finance Team (PFT), fundraising, and communications team
- External suppliers.
Essential knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours
Knowledge (Education and Related Experience):
- Working experience or an Undergraduate Degree in relevant field.
- Experience of working on IT systems development and support.
- Experience reviewing or testing software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of writing effective guidance for a non-technical audience
- Experience of delivering training and/or supporting staff learning in different contexts (face to face, online)
- Understanding of international development issues and commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people
- Written and spoken English.
- Experience using Power BI or other data visualisation software
- Experience using Power Apps, Commcare, or other mobile data capture software
- Experience using SharePoint and MS Teams
- Enthusiastic about the role data must play in supporting organisational decision making
- The ability to review and correct data with accuracy, precision and high attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organisation.
- A great team player and self-starter.
Local Terms and Conditions apply.
Application Closing Date
17th July, 2022.
Commencing 8th August 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
- To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete our online application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
- We anticipate that remote interviews will take place in the week commencing 8 August 2022 and the evaluation process will include a remote interview.