TERMS OF REFERENCE
DEBRIEFING, SUPERVISION & COUNSELLING SERVICES-CONSULTANCY
The overall purpose of the services at RefuSHE is to enhance effectiveness of Safe House, Case Management and Mental Health Teams in handling work-related stress and burnout, as well as encouraging them to develop professional resilience, motivation for work and gain knowledge both theoretically and practically as well as maintain ethical boundaries to cover supervision.
· Improve the team’s competency in handling young people who have experienced severe trauma, including young girls who have experienced some form of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV).
· Enhance team cohesion and build strategies for better teamwork
· Share experiences and challenges in a supportive environment.
· Educate and explore self-care practices.
· Support the team to effectively identify and deal with vicarious trauma.
· Enhance team appreciation of individual differences and strengths.
· Support and strengthen effective communication and conflict resolution.
· Enhance counsellor’s professionalism and emotional stability.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
· Conduct quarterly debriefing sessions to the Safe House, Case Management and Mental Health Team.
· Carry out an in-depth assessment of group needs and identify methodologies to address those needs through a holistic approach.
· Guide the team to explore and identify solutions that are holistic in nature.
· Explore and identify core facts concerning issues raised to clear up any misconceptions or rumors.
· Lead the group to divulge emotions experienced during work with the beneficiaries and with each other.
· Allow the group to review individual reactions to the issues raised.
· Explore and educate team members on emotional, psychological, or physical effects of issues raised or identified.
· Allow members to backtrack and address issues that require elaboration.
Support the team to redirect any potential confrontations to a discussion about healing, cohesion, and professionalism.
· Offer quarterly supervision to the team.
· Assess the Counsellor’s (supervisee) skills & approach towards the psychotherapeutic process, including evaluation of difficult cases
· Assist the supervisee to recognize their personal limitations to protect the welfare of both the client and supervisee
· Facilitate the counsellor to effectively self-evaluate, problem solve, and grow in confidence.
· Evaluate clinical interactions in all situations and capacities.
· Teach and demonstrate counselling techniques, theories, and ethical issues.
· Explain the rationale of strategies and intervention.
Carry out individual and/or group counselling to staff and RefuSHE beneficiaries when needed to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties or prevent the occurrence of these.
· Ensure records are kept properly and that the principle of confidentiality is adhered to.
· Submit a truthful and final debriefing report with the analysis and conclusions while still protecting participants.
· Inform the line manager and senior management of any pressing issues that are non-confidential that may arise during the sessions.
· Perform any other duties that are commensurate to a role of this nature.
· Advanced degree in Counseling/Clinical Psychology from a recognized institution.
· Over 10 years’ experience in counseling, training, and supervision
· Experience in working with refugees, conflict, and post-conflict communities is an added advantage.
· Active member of a recognized professional body is a must.
RefuSHE will facilitate the logistics needed for the sessions to occur including space, meals, and time.
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The contract for service for the counseling supervision and counseling services shall be on a need basis as per submitted and approved report of services rendered by RefuSHE.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms and conditions of engagement shall be outlined under contract for service and agreed upon by RefuSHE and independent contractor (service provider) as per Kenyan Labour Laws.
How to apply
Please send your applications to email@example.com by attaching your cover letter, CV, and copies of credentials. Kindly indicate “Debriefing, Supervision and Counselling Services – Consultancy” in the subject email by 31st March 2022. Address your applications to:
HR & Administration Manager
P.O. Box 63192-00619, Nairobi
We appreciate all applications received however, please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any questions regarding this consultancy opportunity shall be answered if one is shortlisted for the interview.