The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Demand Creation Advisor to co-design and provide technical support to the implementation of innovative marketing strategies to improve the demand creation components of GAIN Nigeria projects. This position will be based in the GAIN Nigeria office in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
Reporting to the Deputy Country Director, The Demand Creation Specialist is a key member of the technical team that provides essential support to GAIN Nigeria projects.
The postholder will work closely with project teams in the GAIN Nigeria programme and provide technical support for demand creation/marketing. This position will co-design and provide technical support to the implementation of innovative marketing strategies to improve desirability, purchasing, and consumption of nutritious and safe food.
This position will work in a cross-functional team to ensure coordination and cohesion among programmatic strategies across supply, demand, and enabling environment. The cross functional team consists of programme staff with expertise in consumer and brand marketing, agribusiness, retail marketing, policy, and community engagement, based in Nigeria and globally.
Key specifics include:
- Leading on the implementation and technical design of the demand creation/marketing strategy and food business engagement strategy for the GAIN Nigeria projects
- Co-leading with project managers in the development of workplans for the demand creation components of projects, efficiently distributing tasks and resources adequately across the fiscal year and addressing issues that may cause delays in a timeline manner
- Providing technical advice to project managers and support staff focused on value chain, retail engagement, consumer and community engagement and supporting the effective activity and financial management as well as internal reporting of the project
- Collaborating with senior project managers, revising plans / strategies in view of emerging data and leading the piloting of new strategies through internal approvals
- Managing agencies to implement and deliver various parts of the workplan, including supervision of agency’s work to ensure quality of deliverables, workflow for review of deliverables by relevant GAIN staff
- Providing technical support and oversight to budgeting and forecasting for the demand creation/marketing components of projects
- Overseeing the procurement process for the demand creation/marketing component including the request for proposal, proposal evaluation, contracting, and payment processing
The ideal candidate should have proven experience in marketing, with focus on consumer-facing advertising, brands and/or retail strategies. You must be experienced in using management tools, e.g., GANTT charts, SPRINT process and can interpret technical reports (media coverage reports, retail sales reports, consumer. insight reports) as well as monitoring data to develop or revise strategies and prepare recommendations.
You should be a strong influencer with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships externally and internally. Experience working in a public/private partnership environment, and engagement with government would be an asset. Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates expert problem solving, creativity and good judgement are also essential to this position.
About our Offer
The starting salary on offer for this role is from NGN 12,037,380 – NGN 13,763,436 per annum (depending on experience).
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
This advert closes on 8th May 2022. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Nigeria. Please note that GAIN is currently unable to sponsor working visas.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
- Job City Abuja