The International Development Collaborative (IDCollaborative) has over 30 years of experience delivering cost-effective planning, design, engineering, construction management, and commissioning services on over 1,500 projects in 89 countries worldwide. We are an industry leader for technically and culturally complex projects that advance strategic US interests while still anticipating and responding to unique community needs.
About the Organization
The IDCollaborative is a small business joint venture between M&J Engineering and the Urban Collaborative. Our unique position as both an international firm as well as a small, family-oriented partnership allows our team to be agile, personal, and responsive. We believe in the transformative power of every project. Our team of experts specializes in designing and constructing custom, site-specific solutions to address complex, systems-oriented challenges such as climate change mitigation, gender equity, and diverse capacity building. As a holder of one of four small-business USAID Global A&E Services III IDIQ contracts, the IDCollaborative offers the following:
• Global architecture-engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
• Opportunity to work on a variety of impactful and innovative projects both stateside and internationally
• Welcoming working environment across the industry
• Our culture supports equity and diversity in the AE industry
We provide global mission support for US government agencies serving the international development and disaster assistance community. We help drive results that advance national security and economic prosperity by providing responsive and cost-effective A&E services worldwide while promoting self-reliance and resilience within communities through local hiring, mentoring, and training to ensure individuals and organizations obtain, improve, and retain the skills, knowledge, tools, equipment and other resources needed for capacity building. As a peer-reviewed measure of our success, our projects have won more than 65 international design awards showcasing our professionals as industry leaders.
IDCollaborative is a team of thoughtful and committed professionals who strive to improve the world through collaborative and democratic development processes. Join our team and build on each other’s talents as we aspire to perform impactful and exciting work around the world.
The IDCollaborative is seeking resumes/CVs from highly qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Chief Engineer candidates who can provide technical leadership in the implementation of an anticipated USAID-funded Architect-Engineer III IDIQ Task Order for infrastructure field support.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Provide comprehensive leadership and oversight for all technical matters of the project
• Ensure adherence to quality control
• Ensure high-quality deliverables to the client by leading responsible, efficient, and effective technical, operational, and financial team performance
• Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate course corrections
• Develop management plans and reports and deliver per contract schedule
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The DCOP/Chief Engineer position requires significant planning, coordination, and communication skills, broad technical knowledge, experience in developing countries, and the ability to ensure coherence and consistency throughout the project lifecycle.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Architectural, or Construction Engineering
• Hold a Professional Engineer (PE) licensure in the United States
• Ten (10) years of experience in engineering planning and design, construction, and operation and maintenance
• Five (5) years of experience managing engineering or construction projects
• Professional fluency in English
• Technical proficiency to remotely collaborate with teams online and give presentations, including fluency in MS Suite, SharePoint (or similar collaboration tools), and remote communications applications such as Teams, Zoom, WebEx, etc.
• Pass all necessary job screening requirements, including successful background check, substance abuse test, and medical clearance (COVID vaccinated or willingness to be fully vaccinated)
• Two (2) years of experience working in quality assurance and quality
• Strong familiarity with US Federal Acquisition Regulations [FAR] and USAID Acquisition Regulations [AIDAR]
• Familiarity with USAID procedures and protocols, reporting, and organizational structure
• DCOP experience leading multimillion-dollar, multi-year programs
• Project Management Professional (PMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP), or Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) certifications
• Project management experience with large architecture, engineering, construction (AEC) projects having multiple tasks or contracts
• Oversight experience in the delivery of capacity building programs and/or social inclusion initiatives within technical programs
• Oversight of monitoring, evaluation, and learning components (MEAL) within a program and understanding of USAID data requirements
• Excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and written, and effective at fulfilling the diverse technical and managerial components of the contract
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
How to apply
Send CV to email@example.com with the email subject “USAID A&E III IDIQ DCOP” by Monday, 21 March 2022.