Position: Deputy Chief of Party, Ghana
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Deputy Chief of Party, Ghana
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for an upcoming youth activity in Ghana funded by USAID. The program will improve the socioeconomic status of youth in northern Ghana through youth-led and youth-serving organizations, among others, to generate cross-sectoral, positive youth development outcomes, allowing them to make better life decisions and influence policy. The program will give special attention to the needs of girls, the disabled, and other disadvantaged groups.
The Deputy Chief of Party will support the Chief of Party in attaining project goals and objectives by providing technical advice and direction when appropriate. They will lead the development and implementation of the program’s strategy and ensure the integration of youth into all program activities. The program is anticipated to start in 2024 and this position is based in Tamale, Ghana.
- Support the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and other deliverables in line with USAID guidelines using a positive youth development (PYD) approach
- Provide input into the performance monitoring plan to measure success and validate causal model assumptions
- Provide technical assistance and oversight to program staff and partner in PYD, meaningful youth engagement, private sector engagement, and local capacity building approaches.
- Provide overall technical oversight and supervision of Result team leads, including in themes like youth economic opportunities, education, health care, civic engagement, and conflict-sensitivity.
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools, and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation
- Prepare reports and documents to USAID, national governments, ACDI/VOCA home office, and partner organizations
- Work closely with subawardees and private sector associations in the region to provide technical and organizational assistance
- Ensure synergies among technical assistance and activities
- Provide strategic oversight of and support the development of PYD approaches, activities, and work plans, in close collaboration with local partners and stakeholders
- Develop partnerships with local organizations, private sector companies, and government agencies to leverage resources and create opportunities for youth
- Represent ACDI/VOCA with partners and key stakeholders; maintain positive relationships with USAID, local authorities, and the country office team
- Serve as the activity’s principal point of contact for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the Chief of Party
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology, international development, youth development, education, economics or relevant field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience demonstrating increasing responsibility leading programs of similar scope and size.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical and operational teams on youth-focused programs, including experience in youth workforce development, PYD, education, or related field strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing a team and complex projects.
- Proven experience coordinating with other donors, government institutions, and private sector organizations, effectively interacting with municipal government counterparts and local organizations.
- Experience leading teams and projects with meaningful youth engagement approaches, including youth leadership opportunities and youth involvement in design, implementation, and MEL processes.
- Experience working in northern Ghana strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please apply online at Work With Us : ACDI/VOCA : Deputy Chief of Party, Ghana in Tamale | Careers at Ghana (icims.com). The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Consultancy: Facilitation of virtual and hybrid labour migration forums for EA Regional stakeholders in labour migration.
- Chief of Party, Ghana at ACDI/VOCA
- Programme Support Manager at Medair
- Consultancy for Photography Services – Somali Cash Consortium for Somalia Cash Working Group – Mogadishu or Nairobi Office at Concern Worldwide
- Un.e Manager des Opérations – MALI at Handicap International – Humanity & Inclusion