Deputy Chief of Party for USAID-funded Judicial System Strengthening Activity in Uzbekistan
East-West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI) invites applications for Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for its new USAID-funded Justice System Strengthening Activity (JSSA) in Uzbekistan. JSSA seeks to strengthen an independent judiciary and improve justice and the rule of law in Uzbekistan by strengthening the administration of justice, strengthening the professionalism and integrity of the judiciary, and increasing openness and public trust in the judiciary. This is a four year project that will begin in October 2021.
- At least 7 years of experience managing and/or implementing rule of law or judicial reform projects, or working in the judiciary, preferably in the former Soviet Union;
- Strong management, administrative, reporting, and communication skills and the ability to implement projects in a variety of contexts involving a variety of stakeholders;
- Ability to coordinate with other donor programs on rule of law to maximize results;
- Experience with and deep understanding of court administration reform and policies aimed at increasing judicial efficiency and effectiveness;
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze state policies and legislation and make recommendations for improvement to relevant stakeholders;
- Strong diplomatic and communications; prior experience working with mid- to senior-level government officials is desirable;
- Advanced degree in law, management, training or other field relevant to project implementation; extensive practical experience in lieu of degree may be considered; and
- Fluency in English required; knowledge of Russian or Uzbek strongly preferred.
About EWMI: Founded in 1988 as an independent, not-for-profit organization, EWMI promotes the rule of law, civil society, and free market systems globally. See www.ewmi.org.
How to apply
To apply: Please submit (i) curriculum vitae, (ii) cover letter, and (iii) contact information for three references to: email@example.com and include “Deputy Chief of Party – Uzbekistan” in the subject line. No phone calls please. EWMI will contact applicants for interviews or to request additional information. EWMI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.