Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party for an anticipated education project in Kenya. The Connectivity for Learning project aims to strengthen the Government of Kenya’s (GOK) education system to ensure that all classroom environments are high quality, inclusive, and focused on the learning of foundational literacy skills. The activity will also aim to expand its distance learning programming toward more digitally relevant and impactful online learning solutions that are accessible to all students, especially children in the early primary grades. The deputy chief of party will manage technical activities and broad project implementation; serve as the acting chief of party with responsibility for technical project implementation and management as directed; build collaborative relationships with governmental agencies, donor/client organizations, relevant private sector actors, and other nongovernmental organizations and institutions to enhance effectiveness and sustainability of project materials and interventions; and perform other tasks as assigned by the chief of party. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Master of Business Administration or Master’s degree in education, curriculum development, literacy, and/or distance learning highly preferred
- Minimum five years of experience as a senior academic administrator of distance learning institution, coordinating/governing body within a higher education institution or ministry affiliate, or experience in leading large-scale enterprise projects and strategic initiatives for telecommunications enterprises and private sector engagement
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in international development activity implementation including at least 3 years of senior program management experience, including supervision of professional and support staff
- Expertise working within the education sector in sub-Saharan Africa. Experience in Kenya highly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to the email address KenyaRead@chemonics.onmicrosoft.com. In the subject line please indicate the position title to which you are applying. Finalists will be contacted. The deadline for submission of applications is Friday, July 30, 2021. For more information on Chemonics, please visit www.chemonics.com
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.