Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Deputy Chief of Party,Liberia
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated agribusiness development program in Liberia funded by USAID.
The Deputy Chief of Party will adopt a holistic approach towards improving the overall business enabling environment to facilitate growth across broad swaths of the Liberian economy, strengthening market systems and select agricultural value chains to achieve tangible economic benefits, and ensuring that market systems are growing more competitive, resilient, and inclusive. They will coordinate the technical aspects of the Program and supervise the design and execution of strategic programs assigned to it within the intervention of ACDI/VOCA in Liberia. The position will be based in Liberia.
- Regional Emergency Officer at International Organization for Migration
- Project Officer (Counter-Trafficking (CT) / Assistance to Vulnerable Migrants (AVM)) at International Organization for Migration
- Operations Officer (Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM)) at International Organization for Migration
- Associate Resettlement and Complementary Pathways Officer at UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Associate Protection Officer at UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Support the overall leadership and technical oversight for the activity and deliverables in collaboration with the Chief of Party, USAID, Government of Liberia counterparts, local organizations, private sector actors, and other partners
- Work with producers, rural enterprises, and agricultural households to build alliances and agricultural projects with the private sector
- Lead technical direction to programmatic implementation and technical teams
- Ensure objectives under each component are met, including budgetary and indicator goals
- Facilitate collaboration and coordination between the activity’s components, subcontractors, grantees, consultants, and project staff
- Establish and maintain working relationships with stakeholders, including USAID personnel, Government of Liberia counterparts, private sector actors, communities, and others
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting and submission of deliverables
- Drive implementation of project activities across geographies and project outcome areas
- Oversee efforts to identify the root causes of and analyze market system performance
- Integrate adaptive management systems and a culture of collaborating, learning, and adapting through the flow of information and reflection across project teams and external partners
- Lead regular strategy meetings with the Chief of Party, other Activity personnel, and USAID to analyze progress and lessons learned to inform and update work plans
- Supervise staff, subcontractors, short- and long- term consultants, and others directly involved in the implementation of the Activity as delegated by the Chief of Party
- Represent ACDI/VOCA at meetings, workshops, and other events
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, business administration, international relations, development economics, or relevant field; master’s degree desired
- 8 years of experience demonstrating increasing responsibility working and leading programs
- At least 5 years’ experience managing a team – or demonstrable experience managing complex projects and multi-disciplinary teams
- Successful track record of leading US Government-funded projects in Liberia; USAID programing preferred
- Proven experience coordinating with other donors, government institutions, and private sector organizations, effectively interacting with municipal government counterparts and local organizations
- Strong knowledge of the Liberian agriculture sector and experience implementing agribusiness development activities
- Thorough understanding of the issues related to market systems and value chain development and broad enabling environment for economic growth in Liberia
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required
Liberian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Job City Liberia