The Deputy Country Director-Compliance will develop and ensure that Annual Compliance and Audit Plans are appropriate for Liberia. H/She will work with HoPs/Heads of Departments, providing timely advice on donor, Welthungerhilfe and local statutory regulations, giving feedback on the effectiveness of the internal controls in place, and assure adherence to those regulations.
- Prepare, update, and regularly share the local compliance risk map with the Country Director and SMT
- Develop and follow up on the annual compliance and audit review plans, covering all areas of risk, which includes working with HoP/Heads of Departments to analyze potential risk in their projects and adopt appropriate mitigating measures.
- Ensure sound financial management of donor funds and support the Head of Program and CD in grant acquisition.
- Engage in the Global Welthungerhilfe Compliance Network.
- Regional Emergency Officer at International Organization for Migration
- Project Officer (Counter-Trafficking (CT) / Assistance to Vulnerable Migrants (AVM)) at International Organization for Migration
- Operations Officer (Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM)) at International Organization for Migration
- Associate Resettlement and Complementary Pathways Officer at UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Associate Protection Officer at UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- In liaison with the Head of Programme, support the development and management of need based and impact-oriented projects in line with the country strategy
- In conjunction with Head of HR and relevant focal points at HQ, develop an annual training plan that incorporates Welthungerhilfe’s Corporate Compliance rules and policies training for local staff.
- Provide expert advice to the SMT in relation to Corporate Compliance in general and throughout the project lifecycle – from project assessment and design to contract review, implementation, procurement, reporting and audit.
- Support the roll out of new corporate policies and procedures on key controls to assure Compliance.
- Provide advice as necessary on partner agreements, procurement contracts and other operational agreements to ensure that they adhere to and account for all relevant WHH Corporate Compliance requirements.
- Establish and maintain robust system of Corporate Compliance documentation and controls and propose improvements as necessary.
- Create and implement annual workplan of compliance, spot checks, audit reviews on key management controls e.g., field office and partner audits, vetting spot checks.
- Ensure the timely completion and submission of internal Corporate Compliance reports.
- Ensure that issues and action points arising from the internal Corporate Compliance reviews are reported to CD/SMT and Welthungerhilfe Legal and Compliance and closed in a timely fashion.
- In liaison with the Head of Partnership Development and Liaison, review implementing partner assessments, reviews, and other internal or external audit reports and ensure any issues and action points for WHH or the partners to address are clearly documented and communicated with the relevant people in WHH.
- Review all other internal and external audit reports to identify and understand potential areas of Corporate Compliance risk/vulnerability. Where necessary, work with the SMT, Legal and Compliance and relevant focal points to develop corrective action plans for resolution of issues and follow up on the implementation and closure of recommendations and action points.
Work with Head of HR and Head of Logistics, Procurement and Security to establish a Conflict-of-Interest management system that includes ongoing declarations by staff of any perceived, potential, or actual conflicts of interest as relates to other staff or current and potential suppliers or partners. This system should include the development and approval of mitigation measures to address any perceived or potential COI.
A post-graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting/Auditing or related discipline. ACCA or CPA will be an added advantage.
Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in project development and management, MEAL, Compliance and Assurance, auditing, risk management. Proven experience in, and knowledge of, Corporate Compliance or risk management. Proven experience in organizational leadership. Proven experience of working with the project-based operational model is an advantage.
Excellent spoken and written English.
How to apply
Please send application package; one-page Motivation LETTER and a maximum of 2 pages CURRICULUM VITAE (CV), and contact details of 3 professional referees to: Recruitment.Liberia@welthungerhilfe.de
Subject Line: Application for the position of 2211- Deputy Country Director – Compliance
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunities employer, therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply. Applications will be process on a rolling basis. A detailed Job Description can be obtained from Welthungerhilfe’s Monrovia Office