Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy HR Coordinator
Employment Type: Contract
Place of Recruitment: Abuja
Type of Contract: 6-month fixed term Contract (Renewable)
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support the HR Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities according to the instructions of the HR Coordinator and MSF protocols in order to improve the management of human resources and con-tribute to the professional growth of MSF employees in the mission. Replaces the HR Coordinator in his/her absence.
The HR Coordinator can delegate ad hoc any responsibility to the Deputy HR Coordinator, depending on the dimension of the Mission. Among others, the Deputy HR Coordinator could:
- Participate in the Human Resource planning, implementation and monitoring in the mission to properly achieve the mission’s objectives and respond to needs that may arise, particularly:
- Participate in the definition of job profiles, and the mission set-up in terms of HR needs
- Participating in the project opening and closing and its timeframe from HR perspective.
- Provide support to field teams in order to guarantee good performance and management.
- Provide support to field coordinators, field Administration Managers and other supervisors in all HR related issues, provide technical support ensuring they understand and apply HR management policies and tools.
- Provide support in the legal, administrative HR management of the mission, for both national and international staff , on issues related to Labour law, contracts, salaries, social security, labor relations, health insurance systems, etc
- Check together with HRCo the living standards of international, regional, delocalized staff and help monitoring international staff’s movements (visas, tickets, etc)
- Participate in the selection and recruitment processes, as well as in the induction programmes and welcome briefings/sessions in order to recruit and prepare the most suitable candidates for the mission
- Participate in the identification of staff development , training needs / potential to promote the professional growth of people within the organization.
- Report to the HRCo on the implementation of HR policies in the field as well as of any incidents / problems that may arise and make proposals to improve HR management in the field.
- Support HRCo in the overall administration of the Mission.
- Represent MSF in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs for issues related to HR and Administration, at the request of the HRCo.
- Support HRCo in all reporting tools under his/her responsibility.
- Essential University Degree or further specialization in HR management.
- Essential 2 year working experience in related position
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People Management and Development, Commitment to MSF Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2022 at 17h00.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV with Cover Letter and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.