Career with BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC International (BI) is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Deputy Manager Business Development & Partnerships, BRAC and Stichting BRAC International
The main purpose of the Deputy Manager Business Development & Partnerships is to facilitate the process of engaging with and raising funds for BRAC programs from potential bilateral donors, foundations, multilaterals and regional organisations. The Deputy Manager will be responsible for the pro-active engagement with potential donors and pursuing applications for funding from these donors. The Deputy Manager is expected to facilitate and support the implementation of the OneBRAC Resource Mobilization and Partnerships Strategy, with a particular focus on intensification of funding streams from bilateral donors, foundations, multilaterals and regional organisations.
Reporting to the Senior Programme Senior Programme Manager Business Development & Partnerships, the Deputy Manager Business Development & Partnerships is responsible for:
- Supporting the implementation of the action plan for resource mobilisation with bilateral donors, foundations, multilaterals and regional organisations, in line with the OneBRAC Global Resource Mobilization and Partnerships Strategy;
- Supporting the execution of donor engagement strategies for potential bilateral donors, foundations, multilaterals and regional organisations in collaboration with BRAC´s country and regional fundraising teams and BRAC affiliates;
- Contributing to general information sharing on areas of responsibility within the GRP team, as well as towards BRAC’s country and regional fundraising teams and BRAC affiliates;
- Scoping of new funding opportunities;
- Qualifying prospects identified in the donor landscape analysis;
- Facilitating the outreach and cultivation of prospects to build trustful relationships in a proactive manner to secure income streams;
- Supprtoing in organising relevant outreach efforts (meetings, events, other);
- Providing regular updates to the Senior Programme Manager Business Development & Partnerships on progress and results within areas of responsibility;
- Developing internal stakeholder relationships, in particular within the GRP team and with BRAC’s country and regional fundraising teams and BRAC affiliates to align funding needs and opportunities;
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment;
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action;
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so;
- Post-graduation/Masters in Development Studies/Geopolitics/Law/ Public Policy/Administration/ International Business, Economics, Business Administration, International Relations or equivalent with a demonstrable commitment to poverty reduction and social justice issues.
- Understanding on the institutional fundraising market;
- Experience in working with from bilateral donors, foundations, multilaterals and/or regional organisations;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines;
- Understanding on donor mapping, scoping, profiling and/or donor engagement activities;
- Experience in organising relevant outreach efforts (meetings, events, other);
- A strong team player who is willing to support colleagues and the wider organisation;
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and commitment to active citizenship, poverty eradication, global justice, social change, and gender equality Ability to work virtually in a global environment;
- Proficiency in English required; fluency in an additional language, particularly French, or Arabic would be an asset;
- Ability to travel internationally @ 10% of time;
- At least 2 (two) years of experience with proven track record of corporate sector and/or trusts & foundations fundraising in an international development organisation.
Employment Type: Contractual
Job Location: BRAC International: Nairobi / The Hague / Dhaka
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 66/22 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 12 June, 2022
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
- Job City Kenya