A Job position- Deputy Medical Coordinator Work location – Maiduguri, Borno State (with regular visits to the field)
Reporting to – Medical Coordinator Supervision of – Medical Activity Manager & Nutrition Activity Manager
General purpose of the position
To Support the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including defining, leading, and coordinating the entire medical scope of the mission, according to INTERSOS protocols, standards, policies and values, in order to ensure the quality of the medical care given to the targeted population and thus improving their overall health and living conditions. Assuming the medical coordinator’s responsibilities in case of absence.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Assists in identifying and assessing emerging humanitarian needs of population at risk and translating them into objectives, priorities and resources needed to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk
- Assists the Medical Coordinator in identifying new funding opportunities and in drafting concept notes and project proposals.
- Supports the Medical Coordinator in defining, monitoring, and updating the medical content of the INTERSOS mission.
- Supports project management by overseeing workplans, procurement plans, budget vs actual, staff movement and roster assignments, volunteer management, and ensuring quality implementation through monitoring visits.
- Reports to the Medical Coordinator all the medical activities and coordinate closely before taking any decisions/actions.
- In support of the medical Coordinator, represents INTERSOS in stakeholders’ engagements and facilitate stakeholder mapping for different sectors/working groups as assigned.
- Contributes to monthly tracking of project indicators in coordination with the MEAL department.
- Ensures project reports are drafted according to donor requirements in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with the Pharmacy manager to manage medical commodities/supplies according to project needs.
- Ensures rational use of drugs according to accepted guidelines (i.e., review of medical orders and monitoring of medicines consumption and stock levels of the different projects)
- Coaches, trains and motivate teams in the mission to align all field staff with INTERSOS values and ethics, and ensure their ability to carry out their tasks according to INTERSOS quality standards (i.e., induction, briefing/debriefing, training, potential detection, evaluation)
- Participate in organizational changes by contributing to the development of guidelines, standards, tools, and strategies.
- Responsible for the medical data analysis, identification of trends and potential needs through correct use of internal databases.
- Evaluates the medical team members’ performance periodically to improve their overall performance.
- And any other task as assigned
- Minimum MBBS and masters in health/nutrition/public health is an added advantage.
- At least 05 years of progressive work experience in management of health interventions (NCD, MH, SRH, Nutrition) in the humanitarian sector especially in fragile and unstable environments, of which at least 2 years are at managerial grade or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience with different donors’ compliance and reporting.
- Leadership, people management, and development, teamwork and cooperation, strategic Vision, and service Orientation.
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards, and best practices.
- Project management experience, especially in managing projects directly funded by international and institutional donors, is an advantage.
- Ability to put up with job pressure;
- Ability to deliver high quality work;
- Good child care skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted. Application deadline: apply no later than 11th November 2022 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert, if an applicant is accepted.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Niger : Chargé.e de Développement de Projets – Niamey at ACTED
- Terms of Reference for Situation of Young People Leaving Care in Somaliland at SOS Children’s Villages International
- SOUTH SUDAN – Logistics Coordinator (H/F) at Solidarités International
- Country Representative – Tanzania at WildAid
- Nigeria– Deputy Field Coordinator (M/F) –Maiduguri at Solidarités International