Position: Deputy Program Manager
The Deputy Programme Manager (DPM) will provide direct support to the USAID-BHA funded multisectoral (health, nutrition, WASH and Protection) project in Borno State of Northeast Nigeria. Precisely, the DPM will support the Programme Manager (PM) in providing managerial and technical leadership and responsibility for the operational planning, implementation, monitoring, accountability, and reporting. The goal of the project is to restore dignity, protection, and better Resilience for IDPs, vulnerable individuals, and populations affected by ongoing and acute crises in the Northeast Nigeria. The integrated project does not only leverage prioritization of beneficiary needs, but also complementarity, and synergy within the sectors and across the different partners with the expected end result of fostered community resilience
Tasks and Main Responsibilities:
Programme Planning & Implementation
• Support the PM with planning and assessing the implementation of the multisectoral projects, ensuring timely and quality delivery of services as per approved proposals, work plans, and budgets.
• Leads the preparation and consolidation of work plans, ensuring timely and quality implementation in compliance with INTERSOS and donor guidelines.
• Ensure program implementation is on time, target, and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impact.
• Lead the preparation of monthly financial forecast and consolidation of expenditure plans from the sectors and ensure the financial forecast is in line with the approved work plans.
• Conduct monthly budget variance analysis and communicate the deviations to the PM and responsive sectors for corrective action.
• Plan and monitor financial supervision of expenditures an appropriate budget management.
• Establish and maintain coherent and transparent communication with PM and internal staff including with emphasis on proactive problem solving and program integration.
• Effectively coordinate with finance and logistics and departments for seamless procurement processes necessary for the implementation of the activities in a timely manner to ensure adequate supply of commodities.
• Maintain regular coordination with project officers to ensure smooth operational processes are in place and are supporting the implementation of the program activities.
• Work with Logistics to ensure the coordination of programs supplies are within budgeted targets.
• Attend internal and external coordination meetings including leading review meetings.
• Interface with national government and relevant agencies as necessary
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning
• Support the Integration of MEAL approaches and activities into program plans and operations at each stage of the program cycle.
• Conduct regular field visits to assess program quality and progress toward objectives and facilitate collective problem solving across sectors and departments.
• Work closely with MEAL to update monthly Project Appraisal Tool, baselines, surveys, endlines and compilation of needs assessment and post distribution Monitoring reports.
• Monitor the risks and threats around the project(s), documenting the situation and analyzing the consequences of political decisions or negotiations and the likely impacts on the projects.
• Identify staff training needs and lead internal communication initiatives to facilitate staff integration and professional development and to maximize their capabilities and commitment to the project’s goals.
• Lead the development and compilation of regular reports, including donor reporting, mission reporting, impact stories, case studies etc.
•A bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred. A post graduate degree in Project Management and or Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
• 5+ years of relevant and progressive NGO programme management experience in humanitarian sector implementing multisectoral projects in health, nutrition, WASH, and protections activities.
• Familiarity with sound cross-sectoral and cross departmental coordination approaches
• Previous experience implementing BHA/USAID project in BAY states.
• Project Management Certifications an added advantage
• Excellent decision-making skills
• Excellent interpersonal and non-judgmental skills
• Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach their CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 4th June 2023 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert if an applicant is accepted.
For more information about INTERSOS, go to https://www.intersos.org/en/what-we-do/nigeria/
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Project Officer, Accountability and Community Feedback Mechanism (CFM) LSFF at Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition
- Terms of Reference Consultancy for the Development of Somali NGO Consortium 2021-2026 Strategic Plan Mid-term Review in 2023
- Knowledge Management Officer at Organisation of Educational Cooperation
- Liaison Officer – Arab Countries at Organisation of Educational Cooperation