Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Project Coordinator
Location: NIMERT – Abuja
Level: Level 12
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Period: 6 months (Possibility of extension)
- The Project Coordinator (PC) delegates ad hoc some responsibilities to the Deputy Project Coordinator according to objective criteria taking into consideration sustainability in the treatment of the different dossiers.
- In general terms, the Deputy Project Coordinator will assist the PC in planning the project’s objectives and priorities, by identifying the population’s health needs, analyzing the context, risks, and constraints, and by calculating human and financial resources needed.
- He/she will contribute to the supervision, monitoring, and follow-up, together with the PC, of all aspects of the projects in order to ensure its efficient and smooth functioning. He/she will replace the Project Coordinator in his/her absence.
- Contribute to the analysis of the political, humanitarian, economic, and social context in the project area in order to ensure that MSF’s charter, policies, and image are respected with regard to national employees, populations, authorities, and partners.
- Contribute to the planning, supervision, monitoring, and follow-up, together with the PC, of all aspects of the projects, according to the project plan, MSF operational policy, and main strategic lines.
- Participate in the security management in the project, updating the security guidelines in the context of the country.
- Upon request of the PC, represent MSF within the project limits (local authorities, media, governmental and non-governmental bodies, etc.) and negotiate collaboration agreements. Legal representation is not delegable unless legally backed up (powers of attorney, etc.).
- Support the PC in planning and organizing the project’s human resources, participate in their day-to-day management, in the induction of new staff, undertake an evaluation of staff under his/her direct supervision, and define training needs accordingly.
- Participate in exploratory missions according to the PC’s indications, in order to better comprehend context, priorities, constraints, and population needs.
- Participate in building relationships with the local population and collaboration with partners where NIMERT is intervening.
- Essential Degree in Law, Humanitarian Affairs, Political Sciences, International Relations, and Diplomacy, and other related university degrees.
- Certified Project Security and Management is an added advantage.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in research, analysis, and advocacy.
- Essential experience with MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Mission language is essential. The local language is desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, and Internet).
- 208 working hours per month.
Gross Monthly Salary
According to MSF National Salary Scale.
Application Closing Date
17th July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: MSF Encourages Women and People with Disabilities to Apply.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Responsable de l’Administration et des Finances at Mennonite Central Committee
- INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT TO TRAIN FP SERVICE PROVIDERS ON POST-PARTUM FAMILY PLANNING AND NEW AND LESSER USED FP METHODS (MIRENA AND CYCLE BIDS)
- Teleradiology Assistant at International Organization for Migration
- ToR for International Consultant to undertake gap analysis of training programmes offered in Ethiopia against international best practices and capac
- Country Programme Lead at Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund