Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
About You and The Role
Zipline is looking for a seasoned professional with an entrepreneurial mindset to lead Zipline’s relationships with Development Partners in Ghana. As the local liaison in-country for all donor relationships, you’ll develop and execute a strategy to build Zipline’s market reputation and position the organization for continued success within the Development Partner ecosystem – by building connections, running a regular cadence of meetings, and providing visibility into our impact – with the ultimate goal of securing support for, and expanding utilization of, Zipline’s services. A strong candidate for this role will bring experience working with a number of multi- and bi-lateral partners, the ability to adeptly navigate a complex network of senior level relationships, and a proven fundraising track record.
What You’ll Do
- Elevate Zipline’s visibility with local bilateral and multilateral stakeholders in Ghana, including but not limited to USAID, FCDO, The Global Fund, and UNICEF to support current and expanded utilization of the system
- Partner with the Ghana GM and Client Success Lead to educate key Ghanaian government and donor stakeholders on Zipline’s value, cultivate champions within these institutions, and secure financial support
- Advance Zipline’s agenda and contracting objectives with USAID locally by liaising with the local USAID Mission, US Embassy, prime contractors, local and regional NGOs, and with other NGO and US government stakeholders as required
- Create and continuously foster effective working relationships with donors’ prime contractors and subcontractors locally to position Zipline to win material scopes of work supporting global health supply chain programs
- Identify opportunities to expand Zipline’s reach within the healthcare system, including delivery of vital program drug commodities
- Maintain a regular cadence of meetings with local partners, providing them with regular insights into Zipline’s work and impact
- Collaborate with the Global Health Partnerships, Marketing, Communications and Public Policy teams to develop compelling materials which highlight Zipline’s work in Africa and communicate our value proposition to partners in Ghana
- Partner with Impact Evaluation on opportunities to advance research and monitoring & evaluation (M&E) locally
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ year track record of stewarding relationships with and successfully raising funding from institutional donor organizations
- Experience working with donor-funded health programs and/or in health supply chain; experience working with USAID Global Health Supply Chain programs, US missions abroad, and or regional NGOs a plus
- Demonstrated ability to drive stakeholder mapping, develop relationships with senior external stakeholders, and build a constellation of champions
- Strategic sales mindset with a knack for influencing individuals at superior levels of authority
- Ability to break down complex goals into individual tasks and organize those objectives into executable work plans with clear deadlines
- Strong risk management with an ability to predict and preempt potential roadblocks
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills with experience working on proposals, reports, SOPs, and presentations
- Experience collaborating with internal stakeholders across a global organization and ability to work with these internal partners to design and execute key priorities and objectives
- Entrepreneurial mindset, creativity, self-sufficiency, and adaptability
- Management experience a plus
Ability to travel: ~30%
What Else You Need to Know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!