Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
For our operations in Yaoundé, Bertoua/Cameroon, we are looking for
Development Workers (m/f/d) in the field of Forest Environment and Climate in Cameroon
Assignment period: 09/01/2023 – 12/31/2024 / full-time
Field of activity
The project supports the Ministries of Forestry and Environment in Cameroon in the implementation of their national programs. A key contribution is the consolidation of methodological approaches and models to ensure inclusive, sustainable and climate-sensitive management of Cameroon’s environment and forest resources by local actors in selected communities and to contribute to value creation. The program’s advisory services are provided at national, regional and local level and are aimed at both ministry staff and representatives of communities, civil society and the private sector.
As part of your service as a development worker, you will take one of the following tasks (up to 4 different vacancies):
- Jointly, in close cooperation with partners, design and develop inclusive, sustainable and climate sensitive management solutions
- Assist in developing and implementing capacity building activities of the program
- Contribute to its impact-oriented monitoring and environmental sensitization/education
- One development worker to assist local small-scale enterprises and sawmills in introducing innovative technologies in the valorization of industrial waste wood and the respective value chains
- One development worker to assist local communities, municipalities and interest groups in planning and managing forestry resources on communal land
- One development worker to improve and implement an adapted ecological survey in the program’s activities
- One development worker to strengthen the capacity of women, youth and local and indigenous communities to better represent their interests in key decision-making processes about forest resources
- University degree or professional qualification related to wood industry, forestry, biology, ecology, anthropology or any other relevant field of study or similar professional qualification
- Affinity for change management, combined with initial practical professional experience in the field of development/international cooperation
- Expertise in forest or protected area management, community-based conservation, and conflict management
- Experience abroad, ideally in francophone Africa and experience in working in intercultural contexts
- Sensitivity towards, or (for thematic area Gender & Inclusion) experience with, approaches to gender equality
- Teamwork and networking skills combined with the talent to think conceptually and analytically
- Structured work style with a high degree of self-organisation and creativity and strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Very good knowledge of English and French, knowledge of German is an advantage
How to apply
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 07/10/2023.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=67246
You can find the full job advertisement and further detailed information in our job market on the GIZ job and career pages at www.giz.de, Job-IDV000054911.