Position Title: DevOps Specialist
Reports To: Software Development Supervisor
Division : Administration
Department: Administration, Information Technology.
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade Level: Grade 6, Senior Officer, National
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is primarily responsible for creating and maintaining an automated test environment as well as ensuring software releases meet the required quality standards according to defined policies and procedures. The position requires flexibility, innovation, initiative, good communication and interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with different types of systems and more importantly, different types of people. This position reports to the Software Development Supervisor.
- Implementing and maintaining various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure in coordination with IT Systems Administrators.
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project.
- Review code quality and ensure the releases meets the user and security requirements.
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible.
- Coordination and communication within the team and with stakeholders as regards software release management.
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management.
- Rolling out fixes and upgrades to software, as needed.
- Five (5) years paid work experience required.
- Four (4) years directly related specialized experience performing the essential duties is required.
- Experience in IT software and systems management preferred
- Experience working on Windows and Linux server-based infrastructure.
- Excellent understanding of PHP and C#.
- Good understanding of PHP Unit, NUnit and Selenium.
- Ability to Configure SQL Server and PostgreSQL database servers.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Jenkins or any other CI/CD Tools
- Knowledge of Git versioning.
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records.
- Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions.
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail.
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa.
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or an additional four (4) years’ work experience in a related field required in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
- This position always requires use of laptops, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references, and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment for international applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
How to apply
Log on to CWS careers site – https://cwsglobal.org/work-with-cws/
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Call For Expression Of Interest To Partner On Advocacy On Gender Inequalities, Sexual And Reproductive Health And Rights, And Menstrual Health And
- Staff Accountant-Accounts Payable – (666) at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
- Technical Lead (Consulting) – Nigeria – (569) at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
- MEAL Officer at Jesuit Refugee Service
- Project Director – Adjumani at Jesuit Refugee Service