The DHIS2 Configuration Expert & Project Liaison will provide technical support in Data and Digital Health (DDH), and Health Management Information System (HMIS) within the Global Health Systems Innovation (GHSI)/ Strategic Information (SI) Unit, in the Data and Digital Health (DDH) practice area and in collaboration with the Knowledge Management (KM) and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) practice areas.
The selected candidate may be able to work remotely in a country where they are authorized to work, and MSH is registered.
What are the main responsibilities?
As the DHIS2 Configuration Expert & Project Liaison, you will support the Senior Technical Advisor in the accomplishment DHIS2 functions including:
- Coordinate with the Business Analysis/DREAM Project Manager and project teams to implement new DHIS2 modules to support a broad range of use cases. You will lead in the configuration of systems, import of data, development of data visualizations and training of users.
- Lead the configuration of complex, multi-country project monitoring data capture features in DHIS2, including category combinations, data elements, data sets, event and tracker programs, indicators, users, org units, etc.
- Provide technical assistance to strengthen use of DHIS2 visualizations and dashboards to support data use for decision-making initiatives within projects
- Support the expansion of DHIS2 community supported tools within the MSH DHIS2 portfolio. You will be responsible for keeping up to date with the DHIS2 community of practice and adapting metadata packages for MSH projects, as appropriate.
This list is not exhaustive. The DHIS2 Configuration Expert & Project Liaison needs to be both innovative and strategic in suggesting and implementing new methods to achieve the outcomes desired by our client and needed by the people the project aims to serve.
What do you need to apply?
MSH employs people of passion, we seek those individuals who dream of a better world. We look for professionals who combine experience, local knowledge, and an understanding of international best practices.
Specific requirements for this role are:
Education and Experience:
- An advanced degree at the bachelor’s level or above in computer science or other related field with advanced training in DHIS2.
- Minimum of 5 years as advanced DHIS2 user (configuration of tracker and aggregate data sets, design of data visualizations and dashboards, use of API)
- Experience with data analysis and promoting data use
- Experience transforming and importing data into DHIS2 using Excel and R or Python scripts.
- 4+ years of experience in managing complex databases systems.
- Advanced Knowledge of SQL query language
- Skilled at using Excel and scripting tools such as R, Python or M-code to transform data
- Knowledge about using APIs to pull or push data into databases
- Full proficiency in English.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with professional colleagues from multiple units and within various socio-cultural contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity of teams in LMICs and at the home office.
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities and environment and working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and solve problems using innovative, evidence-based solutions.
- Highly detail-oriented, meticulous, and consistent in the execution of his/her work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects at a time.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify areas that need support and constructively come up with solutions to address these areas.
The expected salary range for this position is: $68,900.00 – $95,000.00 annually (U.S. locations only).
MSH considers multiple job-related factors when determining an offer, including but not limited to, business and organizational needs, candidate qualifications, internal equity, location, and internal budget.
Salary is just one of many aspects of our total rewards package; at MSH, our goal is to provide you with a comprehensive set of competitive benefits that includes a substantial vacation, sick and holiday policies, training and development programs, competitive insurance coverage for health, vision, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, 401k plan, Flexible Spending Account, among others.
The selected candidate will be able to work remotely in a country where they are authorized to work and MSH is registered.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Programme Manager – National Position at Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe
- National Nutrition Advocacy Coordinator at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Associate, Global SRH at Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Information Technology Specialist at the Society for Family Health (SFH)
- HR Officer at the Confederation of African Football (CAF)