Based in Nairobi, Kenya – Global Services Hub
The position reports to PSI’s Digital Health and Monitoring Advisor (Malaria and WASH)
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing. There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
The US Presidents Malaria Initiative (PMI) Impact Malaria project is PMI’s flagship global malaria service delivery project, helping to improve the quality and increase the delivery of malaria diagnosis and treatment services in up to 27 countries around the world. PMI Impact Malaria is a USAID contract hosted and led by PSI as the prime contractor. PMI Impact Malaria works with national malaria control programs to help tackle these challenges by:
· Closing the gaps in malaria service delivery to get the right medicine, with the correct diagnosis, to patients in need, in the timeliest manner.
· Unlocking the potential of key drug-based approaches, by helping countries to introduce, implement, and scale-up proven innovations to move countries forward in their elimination efforts, according to each country’s unique malaria situation.
· Strengthening malaria health systems and the use of data for decision-making to link operational research and country-led dialogue with global technical leadership for the means of accelerating service delivery improvements and advancing key learnings.
The PMI Impact Malaria (IM) team is a results-focused, multi-disciplined and multi-cultured team, based out of Washington DC, working through PSI country offices as well as through our partners Jhpiego, MCDI, and UCSF.
Population Services International (PSI), thanks to the PMI Impact Malaria (IM) project, seeks a dynamic candidate with an interest in routine health data monitoring systems and data visualization for the position of DHIS2 Specialist. The successful candidate will work closely with teams from two different global departments to provide technical support relating to DHIS2, PSI’s global information management system. The main focus will be supporting and maintaining complex configuration of program monitoring systems in DHIS2, troubleshooting, general system administration, analytics, and dashboard development, as well as capacity building of DHIS2 Officers and Country System Admins across country offices.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
· Configuration of global and country complex monitoring systems and tools in DHIS2 with a specific focus on supporting digital health tools to improve quality of health service delivery (such as PSI’s Health Network Quality Improvement System [HNQIS])
· Ensuring configurations (Data Sets, Event and Tracker Programs, management of Users, User Groups, Org Units, and Org Unit Groups, etc) meet project and organizational standards
· Create, maintain, and support DHIS2 configurations across multiple countries
· Importing / exporting data and metadata across PSI’s DHIS2 servers, as needed
· Create and maintain data validation rules and other data quality checks to improve data quality
· Create, maintain, and support DHIS2 analytics through Indicators, Program indicators, and Predictors as well as visualizations and dashboards tailored to data-users’ needs
· Provide technical assistance to project staff and system users on analytics and dashboard use, such as through the DHIS2 Interpretations app and Data-to-Action
· Train Country System Admins, DHIS2 Officers, and other project staff to effectively interpret and manipulate DHIS2 dashboards and visualizations
· Provide technical assistance to strengthen use of DHIS2 visualizations and dashboards to support evidence-based decision-making
· Increase the capacity of Country System Administrators in DHIS2 and HNQIS maintenance and troubleshooting tasks
· Troubleshoot DHIS2 configurations and maintenance through PSI’s DHIS2 Helpdesk
· Facilitate and delegate tickets and support across Helpdesk agents
· Serve as a focal point for the Helpdesk and HNQIS support
What are we looking for?
· Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Informatics, or a related field
· 5+ years of experience in managing complex databases systems
· Proven experience working with DHIS2 on system configuration and maintenance
· Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
· You can construct (or you are excited to learn) SQL queries and managing databases
· Excellent cross-cultural, interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
· Excellent organizational and multitasking capabilities
How to apply
All applicants MUST have work authorization for Kenya. PSI will not sponsor work permits
Status: contingent upon funding and approval through Sept 2022 with the possibility of extension
Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae, 202o to email@example.com. Subject: DHIS2 Specialist**
Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. References will be required
The service is expected to start in April 2022
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.