Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 13 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the vulnerable people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. FCA work is based on promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, and FCA’s operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
NGO Mondo is an Estonian civil society organization established in 2007 which has developed a DIGITAL COMPETENCIES PROGRAMME (DCP) that supports minimizing digital divide among communities and thus contributes to education and livelihoods.
FCA Kenya and MONDO are now looking for four DCP trainers to conduct trainings from January 2022 to April 2022.
POSITIONS : DIGITAL COMPETENCY TRAINERS
REPORTS TO : PROJECT MANAGER
DUTY STATION : EASTLANDS – NAIROBI
Position Summary: We are looking for qualified and committed digital competencies and smartphone photography & videography trainers. The trainers are expected to deliver offline and online digital skills trainings based on Mondo training material.
Selection process: 10 candidates will be chosen who will need to attend a 7 days of training in November 2021 and get the certificates for successfully completing the DC training courses for trainers. Out of 10 candidates 2 trainers and 2 supportive trainers will be chosen to conduct trainings. Kindly note, the contract period will commence in January 2022.
Qualifications and Experience
- Language proficiency: fluent in English.
- Higher education or specific training.
- Public speaking experience and ability to explain complex technology in simple terms.
- Good with blogs, social media platforms and productivity tools.
- Eye for visual design and familiarity with user-centered design.
- Thorough knowledge about digital safety.
- Ability to engage w/participants and convey knowledge.
- Qualification in pedagogy or experience in teaching/training.
- Computer literacy.
- Previous ICT teaching experience is an added advantage.
- High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with deadlines.
- Willing to work full days and great with punctuality.
- Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Uphold and carry protection of human rights values.
- Open-minded and has a learning oriented mindset
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
Deadline for receiving applications is 17th October 2021. Please do not attach academic documents when you apply online
FCA and MONDO will only contact short- listed applicants.
N.B: “**Finn Church Aid is committed to keeping children safe at all times & all levels of its program operations, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuses. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards, adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy including background checks”**