Digital Media Intern, Spring 2022
Reports to: Chief Marketing and Development Officer
The digital media internship is ideal for a student seeking a hands-on opportunity to work on social media, graphic design, and video editing in a nonprofit setting. The intern will work with the digital team to help spread awareness of PHR’s efforts to document and prevent human rights abuses around the world.
The digital media intern will attend departmental and staff meetings as well as regular learning and social events with other interns and staff from PHR to round out their learning experience and complement PHR-provided career mentoring.
PHR internships are unpaid. Candidates may be able to arrange academic credit and should check with their individual academic institutions for requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create content for PHR’s growing social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn;
- Help maintain PHR’s social media calendar in Sprout and plan out content for each week and month;
- Assist with social media outreach and engagement and find key influencer stakeholders in the medical and human rights space;
- Monitor social media platforms and track relevant news stories, as well as trending hashtags and topics;
- Design graphics and edit or transcribe videos using Canva and/or Adobe Creative Cloud;
- Help plan social media campaigns, such as Instagram Lives and Twitter Chats; and
- Track and report on PHR’s social media analytics.
Qualifications and Experience
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program of study specializing in digital media, graphic design, communications, international relations, or other relevant major;
- Interest in digital and social media work in a nonprofit setting;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Canva, and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Experience with (or interest in learning) social media platforms;
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to facilitate a project from start to finish;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and professionally;
- Mature judgment, ability to maintain confidentiality, and capacity to work independently;
- Not afraid to take initiative and suggest ideas; and
- Sense of humor a plus.
Location and Hours
- The internship will be entirely remote due to PHR’s evaluation of coronavirus health risks. PHR welcomes applications from candidates located out of state.
- The internship starts in February 2022 and requires at least a 10-week commitment.
- Hours can be flexible to accommodate different types of schedules.
How to apply
How to Apply
Please apply by sending a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Include “Digital Media Intern, Spring 2022” in the subject line. Please include in your cover letter the number of weekly hours you would be able to commit to the internship.