Tentative dates: Jan 2022 – November 2022 (will be extended based on availability of funding) Estimated level of effort: flexible
Expert fees: daily based
Title: Digital Security Expert and Trainer
Democracy Reporting International Myanmar
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organization registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
About the project
The project aims to support the promotion of Peaceful Myanmar through Culture of Inclusive Dialogue. The project is guided by an overall objective which aims to contribute to the increased engagement of diverse political actors including political parties, civil society organizations, ethnic armed groups, and other grassroots organizations in inclusive political dialogues.
Objectives of the Assignment
During this project, given the current circumstances, the project seeks the services of an expert in the field to develop a quality training curriculum on digital security tools and essential knowledges on online security for the targeted groups in Myanmar. The expert will also provide Digital Security training to the respective participants through Zoom platform and input into the development of a digital security protocol.
The expert will develop the training curriculum along with the DRI Program Coordinator which takes into account the suggestions provided by the targeted groups. The delivery of training will be aimed at the different batches of the participants throughout the project.
The main objectives of the assignment will be to:
· Prepare the training curriculum and training materials on digital security and safe online communication and deliver the training to the targeted participants.
· Combine concise input presentations on practical exercises, including simulation and role play, through which participants can directly practice the knowledge learnt from the expert.
· Advice on concrete tools to be used, i.e., most secure communication applications, VPN and other tools.
· One batch of trainees will be targeting women participants and those participants will form the core of another activity under this project and all trainings will include a particular gender mainstreaming session/perspective.
Tasks and Deliverables
The local expert is expected to:
· Develop a curriculum plan and training materials together with DRI Program Coordinator including the methodology and methods of interactive teaching on online platforms.
· The activity will be aimed at assembling the digital security tools and knowledge necessary for safe online learning to the project participants which will be divided into different batches.
· The output target is that at least 70% of participants report improved knowledge.
· The training outline would include the following points (not limited to):
o Questions for the participants – Risk Assessment
o How to use safe VPN (if possible, Free)
o Password Manager (stored in cloud – simple and accessible) – Keepass
o Turn on two-factor authentication methods for every cloud service and device.
o Encryptions: your phones
o Communication Platforms (Zoom, Signal, Jitsi, telegram, etc.)
o Further sources to learn more about digital and cyber security Management and Organisation
The expert will work together with the DRI team. The expert will be supported in the organisation of online consultative meetings with the respective partners.
1) Training curriculum and training materials
2) Trainings’ reports (within two weeks after the trainings) including pre and post evaluation reports
3) Other documents as requested by DRI
· University degree – Preferably Master’s Degree in the respective field.
· At least one or two years relevant professional experience including extensive training experience in digital security.
· Proven and extensive experience in the development of training curricula and materials and online trainings.
· Experience in designing and implementing trainings, in particular interactive adult training facilitation.
· Fluent in written and spoken Burmese preferred, good English language.
· Good understanding of Myanmar on-going political context preferred.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Sensitivity to country political, gender and cultural balance.
· A high standard of professionalism.
The expert must send a financial proposal based on a daily rate. The total amount quoted shall be all-inclusive and include all costs components required to perform the deliverables identified in the TOR, including professional fee, and any other applicable cost to be incurred by the expert in completing the assignment Payments will be done on monthly bases as per completed working days.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF THE BEST OFFER
Evaluation Method and Criteria
The candidates will be evaluated through Cumulative Analysis method. When using the weighted scoring method, the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
· Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
· Having received the highest score out of set of weighted combine technical evaluation (70%) and financial criteria (30%). Financial score shall be computed as a ratio of the proposal being evaluated and the lowest priced proposal received by DRI for the assignment.
Technical criteria for evaluation (Maximum 70%)
· Criteria 1: Related Education
· Criteria 2: Demonstrable knowledge in the development of training curricula and materials and online trainings.
· Criteria 3: Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing training, in particular interactive adult training facilitation
· Criteria 4: At least 1 years of demonstrated experience working in digital security field in Myanmar or similar context.
· Criteria 5: Proposed methodology
· Criteria 6: Language requirement
How to apply
**Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 50% or above in the technical evaluation would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
DRI values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people from diverse backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply!
Deadline for applications is 28th December 2021. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidates should submit with the following documents send to email@example.com with Digital Security Expert and Trainer in the subject line.
· Professional CV
· Price Proposal
· Application Form**