Grace for Impact is a non-profit, 501(c)3, international development organization focused on access to high-quality healthcare, education and capacity development. Grace believes that access to quality healthcare and education are key and critical to breaking the cycle of poverty and that every person should have the opportunity to maximize their potential. By providing demand driven, scalable and sustainable solutions, Grace engages and supports the rural poor through cost-effective solutions. In doing so, Grace delivers a strong value for money to our donors and partners by leveraging donated goods, supplies, and equipment to create measurable results and a lasting impact.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Development
- Grace For Impact’s Development Director is a full-time position, preferably based in Dallas, Texas. The Development Director creates, oversees, and implements GFI’s yearly fundraising and development plan, in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- This position seeks to ensure that GFI has the financial resources necessary to accomplish its mission of improving healthcare, education and capacity building in the country and remote places of the world.
The Development Director takes leadership in the following areas:
- Manages a consistent, systematic approach to donor relations through regular outreach and engagement
- Manages and collaborates on direct mail, email, and social media fundraising campaigns including but not limited to the End of Year (Christmas) campaign, Annual Appeal
- Creates content for donation-related webpages and for special campaigns.
- Works with the Executive Director and Board of Directors and our corporate partners and friends to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donors
- Researches individuals who have the interest and capacity to make significant gifts
- Creates, Manages and expands GFI’s Planned Giving program
- Maintains strong communications with GFI supporters.
- Writes, manages, processes all GFI grant applications, proposals, and reports
- Works closely with GFI program staff to quantify goals and impact for grant applications and produce reports
- Maintains and strengthens relationships with current and prospective funders
- Researches new grant possibilities
- Communicates regularly with foundations.
Other Development Activities:
- Provides leadership for all special event fundraisers and friend-raisers
- Maintains constituent and donor database and monitors online giving platforms
- Manages gift processing, acknowledgement letters, thank you notes
- Manages any other funding possibilities such as Combined Federal Campaign, Mission Appeals, and Amazon Smile
- Provides lead staff support for GFI’s Board Development Committee
- Builds capacity around GFIs access to stock gifts, bequests
- Tracks and provides monthly reporting on individual giving, grant reporting, and other development related admin as they arise.
- Prepares development program reports for quarterly board meetings
- Participates in weekly staff meetings, organizational planning, relevant ongoing retreats and staff trainings.
- The Development Director is supervised by the Executive Director
Ideal Candidates have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in a related field preferred
- 3 – 5 years experience in the area of fundraising and non-profit development
- Top-notch writing and solid oral communication skills
- Ease in meeting donors, introducing GFI’s mission and programs, interfacing with existing and new supporters
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, implement goals, and keep things moving while maintaining a high attention to accuracy and detail
- Extensive experience in grant writing and reporting
- Tech savvy and familiar with donor databases and new technology a plus
- Comfort working independently, appreciative of a collaborative work environment.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and Resumes to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Information Technology (IT) Associate at Village Enterprise
- Sudan – Area Administrator at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- Audit & Compliance Manager – Tunisia/Libya at CESVI – Cooperazione e Sviluppo Onlus
- Moderator – Somali Speaking at International Rescue Committee
- Grants Finance Officer – Tumikia Mtoto Project at World Vision Kenya