Electronics Watch is seeking an experienced Director of Finance and Administration to ensure efficient financial and administrative systems for a growing and high impact not-for-profit human rights organisation. The successful candidate has a finance and accounting background, is highly organized, and has the ability to self manage and lead on the development and implementation of robust systems.
Salary: EUR 52,800
Closing date: March 23, 2022
Interview dates: March 28 and 30, 2022
Location: Europe (Dutch and English required)
Contract type: Full time (35 hours per week), permanent
Start: As soon as possible
ABOUT ELECTRONICS WATCH
Electronics Watch is an expanding independent monitoring organisation for public sector buyers. We strive for a world in which the rights of all workers in the electronics supply chain are respected, workers’ voices are heard, and working conditions are safe and decent. Electronics Watch’s distinct focus is public procurement as a lever for impact in global supply chains. We bring together public sector buyers in Europe and Australia with civil society organisations in production and mining regions and experts in public procurement and human rights. More than 400 public buyers (affiliates to Electronics Watch) share costs and coordinate engagement with the electronics industry through Electronics Watch. Electronics Watch welcomes job applicants of different backgrounds. As a Dutch organisation we comply with the Dutch Equal Treatment Act which prohibits discrimination on grounds of religion, belief, political opinion, race, sex, nationality, sexual preferences or civil status in employment. Staff are located in different countries.
- Control the daily business, including creating and processing invoices including affiliate fees, and managing the bank and other accounts.
- Manage payroll, liaising with country payroll managers as necessary and ensuring compliance with all personnel policies.
- Produce and file tax returns and annual accounts, and manage the annual audit, and other audits as required.
- Provide timely financial reports for grant applications and reporting, and develop financial capacity of monitoring partners when necessary.
- Manage the contracts database and provide status reports on individual contracts as needed. Financial Management Manage the Finance Committee, and produce quarterly and annual financial reports to them, and assist at Board meetings.
- Keep the Finance Manual up to date, and discuss any necessary new policies and practices with staff and/or the Finance Committee.
- Oversee and manage the Electronics Watch budget and project budgets.
- Continue to develop and implement efficient and effective financial systems.
Administration and Human Resources
- Develop and oversee administrative functions to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization grows.
- Keep the Operations Manual up to date, and discuss any necessary new policies and practices with staff.
- Maintain employee records.
- Ensure compliance with labour and tax laws in each country.
- Administrative tasks related to maintenance of the organisational CRM.
- Administrative tasks related to data storage and security.
- Serve as the Dutch-speaking contact person to deal with administrative organisational matters (e.g., bank, chamber of commerce, auditor) as they arise.
This is a senior level position. Candidates must have a background in accounting and finance.
The following skills and experience are essential:
- Accounting or relevant financial-economic qualification (a degree or other higher education qualification) and/or at least 5 years’ experience in finance
- Experience creating financial reports of different formats
- Experience with online accounting systems
- Advanced excel skills
- Professional working proficiency in Dutch
- Fluent English (working language)
- The ability to self-manage tasks and workloads, with a hands-on mentality
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to lead and work on own initiative to develop and implement robust systems
- Affinity with the values of Electronics Watch
- The following skills and competencies would also be useful in this position:
- Qualification and/or experience in administration
- Experience in international projects and/or the not-for-profit sector Understanding of labour rights issues in global supply chains
How to apply
Please send a letter describing your background and interest in the position, a resume or CV, and the names of three references by Wednesday 23rd March, 2022 to email@example.com.