Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration for an anticipated livestock program in Nigeria funded by USAID. The Activity will explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states.
The Director of Finance and Administration will provide leadership and direction to the Finance and Administration team with close oversight of the project’s financial position. The program is anticipated to start in late December 2022 and this position will be based in Nigeria.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Finance and Administration team with close oversight of the project’s finances, including financial analysis and accounting management
- Develop, oversee, and monitor all financial and accounting systems, policies, procedures, and internal controls, adapting them as necessary to meet changing regulations and best practices
- Establish efficient financial and operational systems including internal audits, compliance, and risk management
- Lead the annual budgeting process and review all financial plans and budgets, monitoring progress and changes
- Prepare and execute action plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administrative operations and to mitigate operational and compliance risks
- Periodically assess the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administration procedures in relation to the delivery of technical activities on time and at optimum cost
- Ensure compliance with all USAID rules and regulations and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures relating to finance, grants, procurement, and administration
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or relevant field is required; master’s degree is desired
- 10 years of progressive work experience in financial control and audit related field in Nigeria
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior management position, providing administrative oversight and management systems development
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID and/or other international Donor programs’ rules and regulations is required
- Strong written communication skills required, with a demonstrated ability to write reports in a clear, concise, and well-organized manner
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required; Knowledge of regional languages is a plus
Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Job City Nigeria