DIRECTOR OF RESOURCE MOBILIZATION OVERVIEW (DRM)
Under the overall direction of the Executive Director (ED), and collaboration with Director of Advocacy and Public Information (DAPI), as well as Director of Partnerships (DP) coordinates high-level and cross-cutting strategies and priorities among the teams of The IWI: International Women’s Initiative (IWI). In particular, the DRM is responsible for the development and maintenance of the IWI business plan and the IWI operating plan, as well as assist the DAPI to monitor IWI’s accountability and performance with respect to the implementation of initiatives.
o Relates well to people at all levels while maintaining and extending an effective network of contacts;
o Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
o Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
o Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
o Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
o Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
o Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
o Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING
o Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
o Identifies priority activities and assignments, as well as able to adjust priorities as required;
o Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work;
o Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
o Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments;
o Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards;
o Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules;
o Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments.
o Actively seeks to improve programs or services;
o Promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas;
o Takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas;
o Thinks outside the box and is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
JUDGMENT AND DECISION-MAKING
o Identify key issues quickly;
o Gather relevant information, consider positive and negative impacts;
o Check assumptions against facts;
o Make tough decisions when necessary.
Implement the 2022 – 2025 Resource Mobilization Work Plan as approved by the ED to leverage the full value of IWI to support the identified priorities, including:
- Identify prospective traditional and innovative funding sources and potential partners, including the private sector, funding mechanisms under multilateral agreements, connections and entities outside of the INGO sphere, increasingly broadening the donor base over time;
- Prepare and present resource mobilization proposals to targeted donors and partners that would enable implementation of the Resource Mobilization Work Plan, focusing on activities to increase non-core;
- Prepare donor reports and submit to donors in a timely manner;
- Identify and support opportunities to pilot innovative approaches that could be scaled up, working with alliances, regional initiatives and other partners;
- Provide information and tools that support the efforts to access funds for the implementation of the Resource Mobilization Work Plan, including management of the funder database ensuring that the information is current and accurately reflects potential funding sources;
- Serve as the liaison for IWI with external organizations, INGOs and agencies on resource mobilization matters.
Manage and implement signature events and campaigns as assigned (e.g. IWI Annual Gala) to increase the visibility and influence of IWI, engaging with influencers and the public through social and other media. This includes:
- Provide guidance and direction to staff (on a cross-functional basis) for tasks related to event implementation;
- Monitor event budgets and ensure that events are executed within budget. Source and manage external contractors as required;
- Conduct post-event evaluations and analysis and make recommendations for improving the performance and effectiveness of events against objectives;
- Prepare and keep under review partnership plans in cooperation with relevant stakeholders (objectives, budget, outcomes, monitoring, evaluation), negotiating relevant agreements consistent with the guidance provided by the ED and ensuring that plans are implemented as agreed;
- Contribute to the organization of meetings and preparation of documents and reports regarding resource mobilization and outreach;
- As this position sits within the Resource Mobilization unit, other responsibilities and tasks related to communications, outreach and external affairs may be assigned.
- Fluency in English & French is a MUST. Additional UN languages are a plus;
- At least 8 years of experience working for a government authority, INGO and/or private sector;
- Experience in partnership development/resource mobilization, project management, donor relations, finance, marketing, or administrative activities;
- Experience in leveraging external partnerships to optimize resources in a national or international setting;
- Experience in management in a multinational context, requiring complex coordination with diverse stakeholders (governments, the UN system, financial institutions, private sector, etc.) or Experience in resource mobilization, corporate outreach and engagement, partnership development or funds oversight and management in an international context;
- Experience in writing material for partnerships/resource mobilization, including policies, project proposals and promotional material.
How to apply
Submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com