Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Project Management Office
Requisition Number: PROJE001479
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Summary of Role
- The PMO Director will serve as a key leader across Global Services and broader organizational functions, ensuring clarity, execution, accountability, and results for key organizational initiatives.
- In particular, the PMO Director will build on understanding of the external environment, the INGO sector, and various business and operating models in the sector to advance Pathfinder’s Country Led Strategy.
- The PMO Director will bring experience in managing SHRH or related programming in the countries where we work to ensure that global accountability efforts reflect the experiences, needs, and opportunities at country level. Working closely with the Chief, GSO, the PMO Director will ensure global services support the program implementation and revenue generation accountability of Country Directors and regional Presidents.
- The PMO Director will bring experience living in and working with country teams to the design and roll out of global DEI activities at Pathfinder.
Country Led Strategy & Execution:
- Ensure clarity around vision for Country Led Strategy
- Ensure follow through in changes needed to achieve CLS vision
- Connect dots and help to manage change across the organization
Global Accountability Execution:
- Work with GSO and other units to ensure global accountability is defined and executed
- Support trouble shooting, as needed, to achieve strong global accountability
- Work with CGSO, core team, and consultants to refresh global DEI at Pathfinder
GSO Management, Leadership Retreats, and Global Conference Planning:
- Work with CGSO and GSO leaders to plan and execute needed meetings, retreats, and conferences
- Lead development of a corporate dashboard for Pathfinder, aligning with other dashboards and metrics across the organization
- Support business development, as needed
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- Less than 25%
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- Master’s Degree in and ten (10) or more years of relevant work experience or Bachelor’s plus 15
- Five (5) years of experience supervising professional staff in Program Development functions
- Business development experience in the sector: partnership and proposal development
- Strategy, business model and/or operating model experience
- Project, program, and/or portfolio management in the countries where Pathfinder works
- English – oral and written
Preferred Education and Work Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Global Health, Environment, Social Justice or related areas of international development and seven (7) or more years or relevant work experience
- Country office capacity strengthening experience
- Work with USAID and non-USAID donor funding (FCDO, Gates, UN agencies, World Bank, and/or private sector)
- Amharic, French or Portuguese preferred
- Certification in ProjectD Pro a plus
Application Closing Date
4th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Environmental Compliance Frankincense and Myrrh Experts (several) at DAI Global
- Senior Associate, Capacity Strengthening at Palladium International
- Clinical Adviser – Uganda at Seed Global Health
- Clerk of Works at Urgent Action Fund-Africa
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – France