Position: District Hub Coordinator
Pact, Inc. seeks a District Hub Coordinator to work on the recently awarded, five-year USAID/Zambia Integrated HIV and Health Activity (ZIH) contract. ZIH will support the USAID and PEPFAR objectives of 95/95/95 and providing service delivery and technical assistance to improve Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (RNMCH) and Family Planning & Reproductive Health (FP/RH) services. ZIHA will improve, sustain, and further integrate HIV/AIDS, MNCH and FP/RH services at the health facility and community levels and ensure that client-centered, high-impact, high-quality services are available to all Zambians.
The District Hub Coordinator will manage a District-level ZIH office and team of technical, monitoring and evaluation, and Direct Service Delivery (DSD) staff, including Pact and sub-partner staff. The District Hub Coordinator will oversee planning, implementing, and monitoring of program activities in the assigned District. He/She will serve as the senior-most representative of ZIH at District level and will be the point of contact for GRZ and other stakeholders at District level.
This is a Zambia based local Position and open to Zambian nationals only.
- Provide strategic leadership, oversight and management for the District Hub including management of Pact assets.
- Supervise M&E and Direct Service Delivery Staff to ensure timely program implementation according to the workplan and budget, identifying proactive solutions to challenges, and achieving the District’s high-frequency, monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- In coordination with the Provincial Hub Manager, develop and maintain relationships with District government, target facilities, other USG implementing partners, and other stakeholders to plan, implement, and monitor program implementation.
- Work with Provincial Hub Manager to lead development of annual workplans and budgets at District level.
- Lead District team in preparing high quality, timely progress reporting.
- Ensure ZIH at District level has the necessary human resources for program implementation and service delivery.
- Monitor performance and deliverables of consultants and sub-partners.
- Ensure close coordination of activities by sub-partners and other implementers.
- Collaborate with the Provincial Hub Manager to ensure District ZIH staff receive all needed technical, operational, and administrative support to deliver quality and timely results in all project activities.
- Comply with Pact policies and requirements and enhance the same among District Hub staff with respect to health and safety, child safeguarding, anti-fraud and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Oversee District Hub budget including tracking spending, disallowed cost, review and approve staff travel requests, travel reports, partners’ cash requests and liquidation reports, approve all District Hub expenses, etc.
- Ensure that Pact’s internal control system is strongly functional within the District Hub, and that Pact and subpartner staff comply with Pact policies and donor rules and regulations.
- Ensure proper implementation of Pact’s performance management systems for direct reports. This includes setting annual performance goals, conducting one to one meeting, proactively addressing performance issues through regular, constructive, and honest feedback, and coaching and identifying necessary staff development needs for direct reports.
- Ensure that all vacant positions are filled in a timely way by working closely with the Provincial Hub Manager and HR department.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and training on Pact policies, procedures, tools, and methodologies, as needed to the team members.
- Coordinate joint supportive supervision visits including with District government and other stakeholders to monitor project implementation progress, quality of services delivered to beneficiaries, and data quality.
- Represent ZIH in public events and meetings and coordinate with other donor funded programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employee complies with all company policies and procedures, including completing all compliance training topics by the deadline to satisfy each and receiving the corresponding acknowledgment statement that the training has been completed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, including 3 years of management experience.
- Technical background in at least one relevant technical intervention area under ZIH; preference for prior clinical experience.
- Experience with PEPFAR-funded projects in Zambia, including technical understanding of PEPFAR 3.0 and USAID indicators and managing for performance.
- Previous experience managing technical and other staff and sub-partners.
- Experience in capacity development and organizational development.
- Willingness to have extensive field travels with the assigned District, with previous District experience and familiarity preferred.
- Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and partner organizations.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Experience with budget development and management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues.
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities.
- Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability and interest in mentoring others.
- High competence using common desktop applications and internal systems.
- Energetic team player who enjoys supporting the development of staff and local partners.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
At Pact, we recognize your impact, offer you opportunities and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings may include healthcare, retirement (8.8% to 13% based on service tenure) and savings plans, paid time off, disability and life insurance programs, learning and development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections .
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Pact seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Pact. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
How to apply
Please apply on our website. https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/