Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Documentalist & Data Protection Manager
Employment Type: This is a fixed term contract for the period of 2 Years
- To aid in providing, organising, and preserving information materials including documents produced by all MC NG functions, for reference in the organisation work as well as for access by relevant reviews and partners.
- The position holder provides oversight to the Country Office Documentation and archiving activities and act as a Data Protection Manager to the Country Office.
Key Working Relationships
- The Documentalist and Data Protection Manager will report to the Programmes Compliance Manager and will work closely with relevant Country Office functions (Technical, Program, Operations, Finance, HR, and Compliance) to ensure adequate data protection in the country office and also provide support on proper projects documentations.
- S/he will also work with State Project Managers for proper submission, documentation and protection of state-level project documents in line with MC’s policies.
- The staff, in his or her capacity as Data Protection Manager will ensure that project data are appropriately managed in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Nigeria Data Protection Regulations and other relevant data-related policies and regulations of Malaria Consortium.
Act as the Data Protection Manager (DPM) for the Nigerian Country Office (50%):
- Be the contact point with and co-operate with data subjects when exercising their individual data rights as well as supervise and advise on the response to such requests.
- Operate as the primary contact point for the NITDA, lead a data incident response and data breach notification procedure as well as lead MC’s response to any regulatory investigation or request for information.
- Manage MC country office compliance obligations for data protection and advise the organisation on all matters related to data protection.
- Monitor changes to the law and regulations on all matters relating to data protection ensuring that MC takes timely action to update and implement changes in policies and procedures.
- Manage a programme of awareness-raising and training to deliver compliance and to foster a data privacy culture within MC country office.
- Oversee the maintenance of records required to demonstrate MC data protection compliance to regulatory authorities.
- Review data protection clauses in contract terms in conjunction with relevant MC Legal Support
- Work closely with management and key stakeholders on privacy matters, advising and ensuring they are regularly updated.
- Maintain and update data privacy notices.
- Advise on data protection impact assessments relating to MC regulatory requirements.
- ‘Go-to’ expert for information governance, data protection governance and privacy
- Work closely with departmental representatives, information asset owners, ICT security to support the systems in operation, as well as the data held and its classification, and ensure consistency of approach
- Support in developing and maintaining the suite of standards and policies (internal and external) relating to UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR)
- Any other job to be assigned by the Programmes Compliance Manager.
Documents System Development (30%):
- To provide the necessary information to develop training programme for operators and users of the documentation and filing systems.
- To create a vehicle of information to provide evidence of progress in the development process and to monitor the process.
- Ensure that the modernisation and up-dating of the archiving online.
- Responsible for document management systems within the country office
- Develop the document management plan and update it, as needed.
- Help develop and enforce documentation design, review, and storage guidelines.
Project Documentation Monitoring & Capacity Building (20%):
- Assist in encouraging and facilitating the usage of available filing systems, as well as on the ways to access them.
- Ensure preservation and availability of desired documents to meet the needs of all the functions of the organisation
- Assist with policies and procedures for the management of the documentation of the organisation
- Ensure that organizational documents go through a documented and approved review-and-approval process before being stored.
- With the IT manager, assign/approve user privileges
- Plan and conduct meetings and presentations related to document management.
- Safeguarding the stable and authentic institutional database.
- Optimizing the workspace.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, could include Business, International Development, Public Health, Media / Communications, Library Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five-years relevant experience
- INGO experience
- Organisational development experience
- Line management experience.
- Project and/or organisational performance management and reporting experience
- Experience and understanding of working in a diverse setting.
- Library, data, or project management qualifications.
- Strong project management skills, including strategic planning
- Experience working at a senior support level preferably within an NGO environment
- Budget development and management skills
- Considerable organisational and administrative skills and experience
- Donor/client relationship management experience
- Understanding and links with organisations working in international development, institutions and the global community
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective working style
- Sensitivity to confidentiality issues and diplomacy
- An open and receptive, tactful approach.
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritise workload
- Advanced computer skills
- Basic familiarity with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) and other relevant privacy regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken English; another language would be an advantage.
- Willingness to learn the regulatory aspects of GDPR (UK) and other relevant privacy regulations (other countries)
- Integrity and high professional ethics
- Committed to the organisational mission and values.
- Demonstrable ability to supervise interns or staff
- In-depth understanding of GDPR and NDPR.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Senior Security Officer at Malaria Consortium – 3 Openings
- Technical Director – REACH Project at Malaria Consortium
- Director of Finance at Heifer International
- Stabilization Center Nurse at Save the Children Nigeria
- Gender Equality and inclusion self-assessment consultant at Plan International