The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Donor Journey Specialist
Project number: NOMX0001
Job Category: Education
Job Schedule: Full time
Position: Donor Support Specialist Adviser
Reports to: Head of Donor Management
Supervision of: None
Duty station: Head Office
Duration and type of contract: Permanent
Job description graded by HO HR: November 202
- The External Relations Department (ExRel) is responsible for engaging with private individuals and organisations to build awareness about NRC and raise funds for an organisation that works for people forced to flee.
- To achieve this, ExRel operates across four main areas;
- Public Engagement ensuring that the voice of NRC and the people we serve are being heard; Global Fundraising raising unearmarked funds from private individuals for the NRCs mission;
- Donor Management securing our income from regular donors, and Corporate Relations collaborating with the private corporate sector to attract and maintain grants and pro bono resources for the organisation;
- Governance ensuring that department activities are aligned in a way that supports the department overall goals and are operated in a way that meets the laws and regulations within each country of operation.
- The Donor Management section (DM) is accountable for the maintenance and development of the regular donor portfolio.
- This includes analytics, donor service, and work related to managing and developing the regular donor portfolio.
- Do you have experience working with analytics and donorcustomer journey, and looking to be part of an international team dedicated to advocating for the rights of people forced to flee?
- Come join us!
- The External Relations Department (ExRel) is responsible for engaging with private individuals and organisations to build awareness about NRC and raise funds for the organisations work for people forced to flee.
- To achieve this, ExRel operate across four main areas; Public Engagement ensuring that the voice of NRC and the people we serve is being heard; Global Fundraising raising unearmarked funds from private individuals for NRCs mission;
- Donor Management securing our income from regular donors; and Corporate Relations collaborating with the private corporate sector to attract and maintain grants and pro bono resources for the organisation; Governance ensuring that department activities are aligned in a way that supports the department overall goals and are operated in a way that meets the laws and regulations within each country of operation.
Donor Management Section (DM)
- The Donor Management section (GFDM) is accountable for the maintenance and development of the regular donor portfolio. This includes analytics, donor service and work related to managing and developing the regular donor portfolio.
Role and Responsibilities
Generic Responsibilities (max 10)
- Donor journey analytics to analyze donor behavior across touchpoints and over time to measure the impact of donor behavior on business outcomes.
- Assess the value of the donor journeys, donor experience performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyse internal and external data with the aim of maximising the create hypotheses regarding External Relations activities
- Identify critical phases in the donor journey for individual donors and suggest measures based on data and analysis
- Contribute to the section system development
- Develop analytical framework and consistent reporting tools 2
- Develop retargeting strategies and other triggers to engagement and conversion
- Extracting and analysing all relevant data / statistics
- Develop activities that will increase loyalty and growth and monitor results
- Contribute to market activities upselling, cross selling and reactivation towards the NRC regular donor base.
- Create new business insights that help define the fundraising and donor strategy
- Responsible for management of information and analytics to increase efficiency and fundraising performance
- Perform investigative research and analysis of large, complex data sets
- Provide predictive and descriptive models to use for campaigns and automated fundraising and marketing initiatives for Next Best Action.
- Produce benchmarking and best practice analysis of fundraising and growth performance
- Define success metrics for improvements activities and processes, establish baselines and measure effect.
- Recommend improvement and innovation initiatives based on insights, and lead execution through task forces in a cross functional team.
- Educate and support the department by enhancing data analysis skills and enable them to make their own dashboards and other insights to track their own performance.
- Contribute to data capture strategy.
- Perform complex analysis, communicate insights tailored to different audiences and contribute to strategy based on the findings.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Interface with primarily with the department: Sharing insight and hypotheses, suggesting activities and measures to enhance performance and reach goals and KPIs (key performance indicators)
- Link between department, especially with system development unit, to the analytical environment
- Collaborate with department to identify and discover needs for data sources for strategic activities and data governance
- Competencies are important for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results.
- They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Minimum five years of relevant experience
- Excellent analytic skills
- Excellent skills in presenting results from analysis, both written and verbal
- Documented experience with and thorough understanding of content and performance marketing
- Skills to use English as a working language Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of and experience working with databases and using programming languages such as Python/R/SQL, SPSS/SAS as well as utilising visualisation tools such as Power BI/Tableau
- Understanding of data modelling and data design
- Documented abilities to form hypotheses based on results from analysis
- Documented results in improving results and performancewithin customer lifecycle management
Behavioural Competencies (max 6):
- These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Strategic thinking and analytical ability
- Managing resources to optimise results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change 3. Performance Management The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
What Makes this Position Attractive?
- A challenging and exciting opportunity with an international team dedicated to advocating for the rights of people forced to flee.
- A chance to support NRC in the management of the donor journey analytics to analyse donor behaviour across touchpoints, and measure donor behaviour’s impact on business outcomes over time.
- Salary and benefits according to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions in Oslo, Norway.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We will be assessing candidates on an ongoing basis; therefore, early applications are recommended.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- English Programmes Project Officer at the British Council
- Case Management / MIP Officer at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Operations Officer at the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
- Operations Officer at the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
- Humanitarian / Reproductive Health Analyst at the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)