Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) Is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Donor Relations Specialist. The Donor Relations Specialist will collaborate and coordinate with various leaders and stakeholders to support the Africa fundraising network totaling in $6M+ annually. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Donor and Grant Management Support:
– Support the corporate/major donor income stream. – Support Africa fundraising and assist the fundraisers with the whole donor cycle. – Communicate regularly with the Africa fundraisers in order to support their fundraising efforts and provide them with relevant information about the projects/programs. – Gather and consolidate project information for funding. – Support donor reporting and account management by gathering and consolidating project reports (narrative, financial, photos, family stories, etc.). – Confirm reports are submitted on time, in donor templates and are of appropriate quality. – Prepare all grant-related documentation and paperwork. – Gather information for the development of concept notes and proposals and coordinate the international aspect of the various departments/stakeholders involved in the phase of acquiring the funding. – In cooperation with all relevant departments, support the smooth running of partnerships and grants by ensuring reporting deadlines are met and on time, partnerships are renewed, invoices are issued, funds are received and allocated/coded, etc. – Support the national office (NO) and area office (AO) team in planning, promotion and development of donor events in the Africa region. – Ensure volunteer teams include all the donor’s requests.
Tithes & Designated Donations Income Stream:
– Support tithes distribution to NOs. Ensure that the communication with the affiliates is done regularly, the calls, presentations and meetings are of good quality. – Support the HQ tithes team with regular communication with the NOs, affiliates, scheduling the calls, visits, Global Village trips, and all related support to the tithe’s income of more than $2.5m with the aim of increasing this income. – Support Africa NOs’ related tithes management, relations with US affiliates and other designated donors in their funding for Africa. – Make sure reports are submitted on time and are of appropriate quality. Also gather information for the development of concept notes and coordinate the funding with various departments. – Prepare the tithes funds-related documentation and paperwork.
In later stages also:
– Research new fundraising opportunities. – Support the NOs with advice on high-quality and tailored presentations and other documents for donor meetings, proposals etc.
Data, Files and Information Management:
– Perform data entry and maintain accurate donor records for regional and national donors in HFHI’s donor database and prospect pipeline. – Ensure all relevant files are saved locally and on the cloud server to ensure other teams accessibility as well as internal audit controls. – Coordinate as needed with other relevant HFHI teams and national offices to facilitate cross-border fundraising efforts. – Keep accurate records on projects and income and support with preparing internal quarterly reports, divisional objectives, etc. – Provide regular donor giving reports and history to the fundraising team, senior staff and other fundraisers as requested.
– Promote and maintain Habitat’s name and activities. – Provide high-quality support to HFHI Resource Development department and out-of-door fundraisers. – Assist with document and knowledge sharing among fundraisers. – Undertake any other reasonable duties assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree in International Development, International Relations, European Studies, Social Sciences, Communications/Marketing, Business or other related fields. – 3-5 years of professional experience coordinating and managing complex projects and communicating with various stakeholders. – Strong organizational skills and excellent writing, verbal communication and presentation skills. – High-level English language skills. – Strong interest in international development and global development issues, practices and principles. – High ethical standards. – Creativity (in developing profitable fundraising activities and materials). – Excellent management and interpersonal skills. – Understanding of budget creation and reporting. – Team-player, strong collaborative approach. – Proficiency in Microsoft office. – Experience in data management and data analysis.
– Experience with working in multi-national and cross-cultural setting. – Experience with fundraising, resource development or account management. – High level French language skills.
Active support of HFHI Values & Commitments:
– Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves – Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular – Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission – Safeguarding: HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
How to apply
To be considered for this role please be sure to apply via the link: Donor Relations Specialist | Habitat for Humanity
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Technical Officer- Central African Forest Initiative at UN Development Programme
- Protection Manager (Senior Manager) at Danish Refugee Council
- Project Management Support – Senior Associate, Multiple positions at UNOPS
- Total Quality Management Director at Chemonics International
- Senior Specialist, Oracle Analyst – Projects / Finance Modules at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) – Lagos or Abuja