Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
- The purpose of this role is to provide transportation services to Plan staff in a safe, courteous and timely manner.
Dimensions of the Role
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria. The post holder will contribute towards the operational aspects of the office and programmes, interfacing with both operational and programme team members.
- The post holder will also contribute towards the organisational development of Plan Internationals implementing partners.
- In addition, the post holder will be responsible in line managing other drivers, coordinate all travels and provide office management support to the admin team.
- Cleans vehicle and perform routine checks to ensure it has proper working tools on a daily basis.
- Refuels vehicle using an approved fuel voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet timeously.
- Parks vehicle safely at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6 pm.
- Ensures that after hours travels have prior formal approval by the admin department.
- Ensure vehicle movement log book is filled timely and regularly.
- To report immediately to the Admin and Logistics Officer, all accidents or issues involving Plan International vehicles.
- Compliance to the motor vehicle and travel policy provisions of Plan international Nigeria.
- Analyses/ review and monitor monthly fuel consumption report for all the office vehicle.
Staff and material transportation:
- Transports staff and designated people to all areas as instructed and with approved vehicle request forms.
- Ferries goods to required points as may be directed from time to time.
- Ensure vehicles have necessary materials such as umbrellas, first aid box, map, fire extinguishers etc.
- Ensure that all Plan assets are not left unattended in the vehicle whilst parked.
- Files in accurately vehicle log books and submits to the Admin Officer.
Other services provision:
- Dispatch and deliver all documents between Plan and other service providers.
- Dispatch of goods and materials to various projects offices to facilitate program delivery without any reports of loss or destruction of items
- Comply with Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Dealing with Problems:
- Have a basic knowledge of the organization mission and values, staff roles in order to support and direct visitors to the appropriate staff.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with staffs, managers, visitors and partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced or Ordinary level certificate
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in vehicle maintenance and driving.
- Good communication, interpersonal and computer skills
- Class B drivers licence.
- Work experience in an NGO setup will be an added advantage
- Any relevant certification in driving/clerical services will be an added advantage.
- Fulfil Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to prevent children from all forms of child abuses.
- Demonstrate wide knowledge of the road network.
- Confirmed and demonstrated successful experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of grammar, composition, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship with both internal and external clients
- Proficiency with PC’s and computer programs including Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to speak English and others.
- Good planning and organizational abilities
- Good supervisory and listening abilities
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Ability to multi- task.
- Good analytical abilities.
- Good time management skills.
- Maintain image of the organization by example and outmost professionalism.
- Show courtesy and being respectful toward individual, colleagues, superiors and visitors.
- Be dynamic, patient and a good time keeper
- Ability to listen and pay attention to details.
- Good team player.
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs In Africa
- LEARNING OFFICER at Global Campaign for Education
- Eastern Africa – Regional Program Manager at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- Safeguarding Coordinator – IPDHE at Voluntary Service Overseas
- MEMBER SUPPORT ADVISOR at SOS Children’s Villages International
- Senior Accountant – Social Business Unit at Population Services International