The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International
Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
Level of Effort
Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
Akwa Ibom & Cross River
Number of Persons Required
This position reports to the Admin Assistant
- Provides reliable and secure driving services to the project team.
- Ensure proper use of vehicle and ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle.
Task / Responsibility
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by:
driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and
Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehiclethrough accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehiclethrough timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/suppliesincluding vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Meet and greet clients and visitors.
- Provide other project related support assistance as may be assigned Supervisor
- Minimum SSCE is required. Additional qualification (OND) would be an added advantage
- 2 – 5 years relevant experience in driving skills
- Familiarity with NGO settings or company settings.
- Must have a valid Nigerian driving license
- Competency in First Aid
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment
Technology to be used:
- Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), office telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
- 70% – 80%
This vacancy will close on the 2nd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: email@example.com
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.